First ticket - 35mph in a 25 zone... wtf?

D a m i e n

Established Member
this might be a little too long to read, but i just had to vent over this fscking bullshit ticket i got :fm: oh, and anyone who tries to tell me cops don't give tickets once in a while just for the money can lick my sweaty nutsack :kaboom: read on if you're really REALLY bored.... heheh

So I decided to give one of my friends a ride the other day since their car is in the shop with transmission problems... I had no idea where the hell I was going and had never been in the area before but I was following two other cars that were going to the same place and seemed to know their way around. Anyway, it was about 10:30 at night and we were in a small town in NJ so the entire place was dead except for one or two cars here and there. The two cars in front of me both turned onto another street but I had to wait for some kid in a riced out neon to pass before I could make the turn, so now he was between me and the other two cars that i was following... the neon in front of me was definitely doing the speed limit or below which made me a little suspicious (ricers always seem to be flying, or at least trying to) A few seconds later i saw that the two cars i was following had turned into a gas station about 200 yards ahead of me, and just as they did that the ricer slowed down and turned into a driveway... i guess i accelerated as i moved to go around the ricer but i made it to the gas station and suddenly noticed flashing lights in my rear view mirror. The whole time i hadn't even looked at my speedo because i was stuck behind the ricer most of the way and then turned into the gas station only a few seconds later... there were also no signs marking the speed limit within the distance of this road that i traveled and i had never been on that road in my life (this is no excuse but whatever... :shrug: ) Anyhoo, the cop came up to my window and i had to ask wtf i was being pulled over for... when she said "doing 35 in a 25" i figured i'd get off with a warning since it was my first time ever being pulled over and very obvious that i didn't know the area too well(she asked where i was going and i told her we were lost and asked for directions). I couldn't believe it when she came back to my car, license, registration and TICKET in hand. I had been polite and cooperative the whole time, it was the first time i'd ever been pulled over and it was only 10 mph past the speed limit (which is apparently a $91 fine). These are probably the reasons that i got the ticket:

1. I had PA plates and was just over the border in NJ (the cops there are notorious for ticketing cars with PA plates, which i learned after the fact...)
2. The officer was a disgruntled PMSing biatch (it was a woman and she seemed pissed from the second she opened her mouth)
3. They could use the extra cash instead of giving me a warning:mj:

there's no way i'm showing up for my initial court date, she probably wrote a shitload of tickets that day and will definitely show up... whenever i eventually go to court it will be with a lawyer to help drag the process out until maybe they get fed up or the cop decides not to show up. I'll be out of school so i've got time to waste, and my dad owns a law firm with offices in NJ, PA, and NY so there won't be any legal fees :lol: not that it's really worth the trouble over a 10+ speeding ticket, but it's the principle dammit!!!!! I'm not going to have a ticket on my record + higher insurance rates just because some lame POS wanted to earn some extra money for their department...

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Let's hope your dad's better at being an attorney than he is at instilling responsibility, intelligence and manners.............but then, we have your post to measure his skills by. I'd say he's a loser at both jobs.

The real winner is the LEO, at least she's not whining like a little girl.

You got exactly what you deserved, sonny-boy. :loser: :loser:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
LMMFAO Poor boy.
You ask"WTF am I being pulled over for?"
You think that's polite?
YOU were speeding-YOU got caught-YOU pay the fine and YOU quit sniveling like a bitch. :nonono:

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
Doing 35 in a 25 is like doing 91 in a 65. Both 140% of the limit. Do the crime, pay the fine. Responsibility sucks. :shrug:

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Originally posted by LIGHTNING LARRY
LMMFAO Poor boy.
You ask"WTF am I being pulled over for?"
You think that's polite?
YOU were speeding-YOU got caught-YOU pay the fine and YOU quit sniveling like a bitch. :nonono:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where is the love and sympathy we all deserve for breaking the law?!?!! :kaboom: :D

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
whine whine whine bitch bitch bitch...its a speeding ticket...you were doing 10 over...get over it...it wont effect insurance much AT ALL and it isnt that big of a fine anyway...

its my choice to run my OFF ROAD exaust on the street...you think im gonna get on and bitch about if i get a ticket (which i have, and ended up getting nothing because i was honest and courteous to the judge/officer) for that? its the same thing as you getting on and KNOWING you were going 10 mph over the limit...

its ASSHOLES like you that ruin it for the rest of us who are honest and courteous...:nonono:

good luck finding sympathy :loser: :kaboom:

pardon my french LL

Last edited:

Juiced-03

Established Member
You can either A) fight it and hope the cop doesnt show up to court (unlikely since most are paid double time in court now) or B) suck it up, pay the fine, learn your lesson, and do traffic school.

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
I would have to side with the kid a bit here guys. Its his first time, and hes out of his normal area. The cop could have let him go on a warning. Just depends on the cop that pulls you over man. 25Mph sounds like a private town...was it a private town cop? Or a county officer?

D a m i e n

Established Member
Originally posted by mike79
I would have to side with the kid a bit here guys. Its his first time, and hes out of his normal area. The cop could have let him go on a warning. Just depends on the cop that pulls you over man. 25Mph sounds like a private town...was it a private town cop? Or a county officer?

Thank you!!! Finally, someone who understands what I'm getting at here... it was the first time i'd been pulled over, 10:30 at night in the middle of nowhere (nothing but farm land all around). I thought cops were supposed to be reasonable people :shrug: Not only that, I was as polite as I could possibly be since I know how much that can help sometimes but she was being a bitch and rolling her eyes at me half the time...

edit: and it looked to me like it was a county patrol car

Last edited:

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
My first ticket was for 10mph over the limit as well. Ten miles over can be considered substantial enough to get a ticket. I was kind of bent out of shape about it too, but I know for a fact that I was doing 10 over. I also tried the "not familiar with the area" thing and got a look from the trooper as if to say "well why are you speeding then?" He even gave me a front seat tour of his patrol car.
Basically, you have to look at it from the perspective that the cops apparently caught you speeding AND you were from out of town. I often times think cops have a lower threshold for travelers who might appear to not have any regard for the set speed limit. If there was no sign for quite some distance, then you might can use that to argue your point if you thought the limit was 35mph. Down here, its 35 within city limits unless otherwises posted; 55 on the highway.

D a m i e n

Established Member
Originally posted by TwoValveKid
whine whine whine bitch bitch bitch...its a speeding ticket...you were doing 10 over...get over it...it wont effect insurance much AT ALL and it isnt that big of a fine anyway...

its my choice to run my OFF ROAD exaust on the street...you think im gonna get on and bitch about if i get a ticket (which i have, and ended up getting nothing because i was honest and courteous to the judge/officer) for that? its the same thing as you getting on and KNOWING you were going 10 mph over the limit...

its ASSHOLES like you that ruin it for the rest of us who are honest and courteous...:nonono:

good luck finding sympathy :loser: :kaboom:

pardon my french LL

I wasn't dishonest or rude in any way... LL just assumed I was in his first post :rolleyes:. Also, within the distance of the road that I traveled there was no speed limit sign (i'd also never been on the road in my life) so I had no idea whether or not I was actually speeding. What do you want me to do, drive 15mph until I finally see a speed limit sign??? I think most people would agree that 35 mph is a pretty reasonable speed... of course legally that's no excuse, but she still could have let me off with a warning which is why I'm obviously :fm: I don't really give a damn about $91, or that it will go on my record for a few years, but the fact that she was a bitch (despite how polite i was) and still insisted on giving me a worthless ticket seriously irritates me.

LocoGT

Banned
Originally posted by D a m i e n
this might be a little too long to read, but i just had to vent over this fscking bullshit ticket i got :fm: oh, and anyone who tries to tell me cops don't give tickets once in a while just for the money can lick my sweaty nutsack :kaboom: read on if you're really REALLY bored.... heheh

So I decided to give one of my friends a ride the other day since their car is in the shop with transmission problems... I had no idea where the hell I was going and had never been in the area before but I was following two other cars that were going to the same place and seemed to know their way around. Anyway, it was about 10:30 at night and we were in a small town in NJ so the entire place was dead except for one or two cars here and there. The two cars in front of me both turned onto another street but I had to wait for some kid in a riced out neon to pass before I could make the turn, so now he was between me and the other two cars that i was following... the neon in front of me was definitely doing the speed limit or below which made me a little suspicious (ricers always seem to be flying, or at least trying to) A few seconds later i saw that the two cars i was following had turned into a gas station about 200 yards ahead of me, and just as they did that the ricer slowed down and turned into a driveway... i guess i accelerated as i moved to go around the ricer but i made it to the gas station and suddenly noticed flashing lights in my rear view mirror. The whole time i hadn't even looked at my speedo because i was stuck behind the ricer most of the way and then turned into the gas station only a few seconds later... there were also no signs marking the speed limit within the distance of this road that i traveled and i had never been on that road in my life (this is no excuse but whatever... :shrug: ) Anyhoo, the cop came up to my window and i had to ask wtf i was being pulled over for... when she said "doing 35 in a 25" i figured i'd get off with a warning since it was my first time ever being pulled over and very obvious that i didn't know the area too well(she asked where i was going and i told her we were lost and asked for directions). I couldn't believe it when she came back to my car, license, registration and TICKET in hand. I had been polite and cooperative the whole time, it was the first time i'd ever been pulled over and it was only 10 mph past the speed limit (which is apparently a $91 fine). These are probably the reasons that i got the ticket:

1. I had PA plates and was just over the border in NJ (the cops there are notorious for ticketing cars with PA plates, which i learned after the fact...)
2. The officer was a disgruntled PMSing biatch (it was a woman and she seemed pissed from the second she opened her mouth)
3. They could use the extra cash instead of giving me a warning:mj:

there's no way i'm showing up for my initial court date, she probably wrote a shitload of tickets that day and will definitely show up... whenever i eventually go to court it will be with a lawyer to help drag the process out until maybe they get fed up or the cop decides not to show up. I'll be out of school so i've got time to waste, and my dad owns a law firm with offices in NJ, PA, and NY so there won't be any legal fees :lol: not that it's really worth the trouble over a 10+ speeding ticket, but it's the principle dammit!!!!! I'm not going to have a ticket on my record + higher insurance rates just because some lame POS wanted to earn some extra money for their department...
Stupid azz kids :rollseyes :kaboom:

Last edited:

FFKnuckles

Giggidy-Giggidy-Giggidy!
Established Member
Sorry but ignorance of the law isn't an excuse. You can count on small towns off the main drag to be 25.

On a lighter note, Once you said "she" I knew your ass was toast. haha.

Last edited:

Juiced-03

Established Member
Even if you were from "out of town" that doesnt make the law any different or make you the exception to the law. In the officer's eye, you were in HER town and she caught YOU speeding. I dont care if I am in the next town over or 500miles away. I respect all counties and obey their respecting speed limits. Like I said man, just suck it up and dont speed ANYWHERE!

If I was that cop, you would have received a citation from me as well. Even 1mph over the speed limit is considered speeding! Not that all cops are going to enforce it that way, but some do! When I think of 25mph I think residential neighborhoods or construction zones where kids and workers could potentially have their lives in danger. The law is their to protect you and others. It isn't there to screw you. Obey it and you wont need to make threads like this one.

Last edited:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by D a m i e n
I wasn't dishonest or rude in any way... LL just assumed I was in his first post :rolleyes:. Also, within the distance of the road that I traveled there was no speed limit sign (i'd also never been on the road in my life) so I had no idea whether or not I was actually speeding. What do you want me to do, drive 15mph until I finally see a speed limit sign??? I think most people would agree that 35 mph is a pretty reasonable speed... of course legally that's no excuse, but she still could have let me off with a warning which is why I'm obviously :fm: I don't really give a damn about $91, or that it will go on my record for a few years, but the fact that she was a bitch (despite how polite i was) and still insisted on giving me a worthless ticket seriously irritates me.

I ASSUMED NOTHING! You said, "Anyhoo, the cop came up to my window and i had to ask wtf i was being pulled over for... "
Those are your words. Not mine.
That's rude kid. :rollseyes

tommyhil4_6

Buh Bye
I ASSUMED NOTHING! You said, "Anyhoo, the cop came up to my window and i had to ask wtf i was being pulled over for... "

Your to funny LL, the way I look at it is just pay the fine and be done with it. Who cares? I never speed in my car (honestly - also helps I never drive it) and people look at me like "WTF your fast do something cool." I just like to cruise and look at peoples faces thats all. Speeding can be done by mistake. The only speeding ticket I got was for 13 over when I was 17 (20 now) and was going to school in my 95 5.0, my first car. I was negligent and new I was speeding and got caught! Glad I did cuz it taught me my lesson to not do it and if you don't know the posted limit you always go 25 until you see it. Better be safe then sorry. Why I never go anywhere I don't know where I am.

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member

I believe what he meant to say was that's what he was thinking. But that he was in fact polite the whole time, and didn't actually say that. :)

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
what a dumb shit :lol:

No shit they go after tourists. chances are they won't fight the ticket or go to court b/c they're just that - tourists.
In Nevada on the way to Reno from Squaw Valley California we were driving to pick someone up at the airport. cop got behind us, followed us for several miles. we put it in CC at the limit and were careful with our driving. He got bored after about 10 mins. and let us go. He knew he wasn't getting anything.
Shut up and pay the damn ticket. Larry is completely right that you better hope your dad is a better lawyer than he is a father. In fact you didn't even dispute that!

What a dork
:loser:

Users who are viewing this thread