First things first

psykosvtf

Established Member
I just bought a terminator! what are the first engine (horsepower) mods that are a must have? I wanna get the best bang for my buck!

thanks branden

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ditch the stock shifter for an MGW shifter as well. You might also consider a new midpipe (X or H). The shifter won't get you any power, but you'll be able to row the gears to use that power. And the midpipe, although not a big power gainer, will give your beast a nicer bark while increasing its bite a bit. Enjoy your new Cobra.

Since you're new to the Terminator, you might want to read through my FAQ page. It has a lot of good, basic information on the '03/'04 Cobra. Here's the link. http://www.stangshiftergaskets.com/2003_2004faqs.htm

mavereq

Established Member
the first mod is to your head. go read everything you can. there are some good threads here, especially the one about what mods people regret. definately go to cobrabob's site. he has put together an awesome faq page.

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
JLT CAI, 2.8 Upper and idlers, Xpipe, CB, Shifter, HE and a Tune. Lots of very fast cars out there with just these mods

YoungJim

Established Member
Cooling mod. LDC makes a kit, there's another from Even Flow. One or the other, but don't skip it. You'll find a million threads about it.

psykosvtf

Established Member
thank you all for your advice! how much boost can i run before the blower produces too much heat to be efficient? I already bought a 2.76 but have not put it on yet. is this pulley a good choice? why do i need new idlers and a lower pulley kit?

thanks again
branden

YoungJim

Established Member
The lower pulley will simply get you more boost, your choice; the idlers will wrap the belt around the blower pulley for more of its diameter, so you get less belt slip. They look cool, too.. Definitely do the shifter (MGW! And one of CobraBob's gaskets) and subframe bushings for the IRS, all the power in the world isn't much good if the back end is squirming around and its a pain to find the next gear.

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
mavereq said:
the first mod is to your head. go read everything you can. there are some good threads here, especially the one about what mods people regret. definately go to cobrabob's site. he has put together an awesome faq page.

+1

Users who are viewing this thread