First the ZL1, now the Z28 is coming

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Wow, if it ends up being lighter than the current SS with an LS7 it will be a beast.

Great news for Camaro fans. :rockon:

whiplash306

Established Member
Subscribing for updates. Will be interesting. Chevy is trying desperately to add validity to its nameplates again, so I expect a VERY serious car from both this Z28 and the soon ZL1. Ford can rest with the current 5.0 and blown 5.4. It's gonna have to up the ante yet again if it wants to stay decisively ahead...! GREAT, GREAT times!!!! Go Ford!!!!

RedFord96

Established Member
The article speculates the Z28 will be the top Camaro OVER the ZL1? I was thinking the ZL1 was going to be the top-level Camaro like the GT500 is for Mustangs. I wonder what Dodge will do with the Challenger to try and catch up.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
is the challenger even in the same class?

i'm thinking the zl1 is going to be around 50 grand. so what's this, a 70k dollar camaro? holy hell.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Yeah, right. They proved that w/ the Z06... :rolleyes:

How about you wait until it shows up?

Corvettes are 2 seaters with a fiberglass body, didn't take a whole lot to make a Z06 light.

The Camaro is a steel bodied pony car built on a full sized sedan platform, even the V6 weighs 3800lbs. It's going to take a lot of work to put that beast on a diet.

Sent using Tapatalk

Ass Eyes

Helter Skelter
Established Member
Z06 is a completely different ball game than the Camaro..

It shows GM's commitment to weight-loss where appropriate.

Though the ZL1 is the high-horsepower variant the Z28 is the track monster which means it'll be as light as possible. Otherwise there'd be no point for two different cars. The GT500 vs the Boss is a great example and is probably where GM got the idea.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread