First Supercharged GT350- 819rwhp/605rwtq Whipple Power!!

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
Ah lemme add too these opinions.

PD is more fun on the street. imo. 12lbs on E85 would hope be safe on a conservative tune, plus the corn really helps keep iat2 down in boost.

Car is sick as tits, great job LP

Aces V

Established Member
a few pulls doesnt prove anything

impressive numbers for sure, but the reality is this engine is on borrowed time at that power level. Anyone who think engineers design components for 70% more load is out of their mind. :nono: It has been proven time and time again, even the trinity isn't designed to just add 300+ hp to it and last.

It shouldnt have an issue at 11psi. Thats not alot of boost and with how efficient this motor is it will be fine. Take a look at the Viper, doubt the engineers designed it to make over 1000whp stock but it does. There are plenty of motors that were not designed to make 70 or 100% more power but do and do it safely.

Badass_Forever

Established Member
yeah, that is not going to last long. since they had to lower the max rpm because the engines wouldn't stay together. do not get me wrong, these things are beast, but this will end poorly.

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
Ill never own another PD car, unless it's a terminator, just because Ive wanted one since I was 13.

Heatsoak is a bitch and after owning two factory turbo cars, Ive deemed turbos>all

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
It shouldnt have an issue at 11psi. Thats not alot of boost and with how efficient this motor is it will be fine. Take a look at the Viper, doubt the engineers designed it to make over 1000whp stock but it does. There are plenty of motors that were not designed to make 70 or 100% more power but do and do it safely.

the boost level isn't the main problem. This motor would be way safer with a turbo. Flat plane crank engines especially over 4.2L have huge vibrational harmonics that can destroy an engine at high rpm. Adding a pulley with a belt tensioner to the front of the crank is definitely asking for trouble.

the voodoo isnt a run of the mill ford motor and if im not mistaken its the largest displacement fpc engine ever. Ford had to pull out all the stops to keep it balanced.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
the boost level isn't the main problem. This motor would be way safer with a turbo. Flat plane crank engines especially over 4.2L have huge vibrational harmonics that can destroy an engine at high rpm. Adding a pulley with a belt tensioner to the front of the crank is definitely asking for trouble.

the voodoo isnt a run of the mill ford motor and if im not mistaken its the largest displacement fpc engine ever. Ford had to pull out all the stops to keep it balanced.

From the C&D article I took they experienced a lot of vibration transmitted to the cockpit from the engine.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Sick numbers and I love it!!

To everyone saying the car was built for this or that, you're wrong. Want to know what the car was built for? TO BE SOLD. For customers to buy them and do as they please with them.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Sick numbers and I love it!!
To everyone saying the car was built for this or that, you're wrong. Want to know what the car was built for? TO BE SOLD. For customers to buy them and do as they please with them.

YES!!!
I'm down with that.

Aces V

Established Member

I can agree with you that a turbo would be better way to go. I know balancing a fpc engine is difficult, and I am interested if Whipple did anything special for that extra pulley and tensioner, but doubt they would release something that wasnt properly tested.
Time will tell us.

Regulars520

Established Member
I like the car but I truly do not like the exhaust note from flat plane crank cars. I really want an American deep growl and not a high pitch scream. The numbers are very impressive. Im curious what the entire setup cost including purchase price on the car?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
The crown thickness I think is what concerns people.. Everyone knows the compression with the right amount of fuel will be fine.. The other thing is just because they are forged doesn't mean that they are up to the task of the abuse. Weight of the piston isn't heavy and neither are the rods. Time will tell how long it lasts. Anyone can make dyno pulls.. Hell unless it's a loaded dyno simulating the load of the car, the car is only spinning 1500lb rollers lol..

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Suprised at how many people thought this motor wouldnt handle boost.

no we just wish it came like that from the factory like that silly :sleeping: This is pretty much the only video of the GT350 that everyone gets excited .. got to love adding some extra air in the intake side :D While its cool to have all the power its still a na setup in which boosted setups from factory are designed around just that and wouldn't want to redesign/add everything that would need to be available for the extra power etc... Again sick power though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread