First Shelby...

SVTCobra865

Well, ladies and gents,

Today is the day that I get my first Shelby GT500! Upgrading from a 2001 Cobra to 2008 GT500!

I'm sure this has been posted many times, but what is the best "bang for your buck" upgrades?

My goals:
Weekend Driver
More HP (Aiming for 700?)
Not planning to race, drag, etc.

I've read that it is fairly easy to build these beasts up, so I have come to learn from you!

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Well, ladies and gents,

Today is the day that I get my first Shelby GT500! Upgrading from a 2001 Cobra to 2008 GT500!

I'm sure this has been posted many times, but what is the best "bang for your buck" upgrades?

My goals:
Weekend Driver
More HP (Aiming for 700?)
Not planning to race, drag, etc.

I've read that it is fairly easy to build these beasts up, so I have come to learn from you!
Congrats on your first shelby!! Well..... most common upgrades to achieve this hp goal would be to change to a smaller Super Charger pulley, LTH, Cams and (93 or E85) Tune.

SVTCobra865

I've read a lot about suspension needing upgraded on these models.

I'm not sure if that's just for purpose of drag, or what.

Not really literate in car; just enjoy driving them!

HKusp

Established Member
For 700 whp safely you are going to need more than an upgraded pulley, headers and cams. In fact, you can do it without the cams and probably the LTH's but you are going to need a bigger supercharger, bigger injectors, a boost-a-pump, bigger throttle body, bigger intake, and I would HIGHLY recommend a triple pass heat exchanger and a VERY good person tuning the car. Which brings me to the real suggestion. Find a good tuner, (I recommend BJ at Venomous tuning) and ask him to lay out the plan for you.

MG0h3

Established Member
Never had this platform but don’t a lot of guys get a used 13/14 TVS when looking for bang for buck performance?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Read and Enjoy, the 5.4 platform Shelbys are pretty much the same pathway for modding
Mod list is in the 1st post of link provided
Congrats

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Congrats. I see I was tagged. Feel free to call me at 352 800 4407 9a-5p eastern and I will help you configure some options. I don't sell parts.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread