First Real Spy Shots

Overboost.

Established Member
Wheels, rocker panels, and rear brakes appear to be from the current car. Other spy shots have show the IRS equipped vehicles to have rear brakes mounted on the trailing side of the rotor, not the leading side.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
The back end looks very pointy in that second shot. You can see half the rear end from the side profile shot. I don't like that at all. The current car has it a little bit, this seems even more exaggerated. I will reserve final judgment though cause it's hard to tell much from those photos. I'm so scared and excited about this new car.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

RTD

Established Member
Automakers are notorious for using all sorts of tricks to camouflage new test vehicles.

The article notes that the bumpers were removed. Based on the length and height of the rear clip, I'd also hazard a guess that there's something under the covers in the back (probably some plastic "scaffolding" attached to the bumper bolts) propping them up to throw off the perspective on the back of the car. The drawn on headlights are a trick (GM used this trick with the tailights of the C7 Vette on the leaked mule photos) and the 4x4 wheel gap is also drawn onto the cover if you look at the first pic.

So while the photos probably are real, be careful of the conclusions you draw.

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
It's not the S550... it's ford playing a game.
Look at the position of the calipers on the rear compared to earlier mules etc..
This is a media hype deal here mostly.
What you are looking at is a S197 body, chassis, etc... with the eco-boost 4 banger.
They tossed on some big cladding, removed bumpers, and put tailight and headlight openings in the camo to throw us off. There are a few S550 elements, but not much.
It's a game really.

White95

HANO Motorsports
Established Member
It's not the S550... it's ford playing a game.
Look at the position of the calipers on the rear compared to earlier mules etc..
This is a media hype deal here mostly.
What you are looking at is a S197 body, chassis, etc... with the eco-boost 4 banger.
They tossed on some big cladding, removed bumpers, and put tailight and headlight openings in the camo to throw us off. There are a few S550 elements, but not much.
It's a game really.

^ this..

As we all know, never before has a new generation of Mustang been so anticipated (or speculated) and Ford knows it. They will continue to play their cards close to the vest and keeps us guessing!

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
But those expecting an all new car on an "all new" platform are mistaken.
S550 is the direction the platform was supposed to go the first time. Then bean-counters happened. 2015 MY is bringing ALOT of change tho...
-lower curb weights across the board
-2.3T 4 cylinder between the v6 and GT
-GT gets nudged up in hp and eventually direct injection (440hp 15-16, 17 gets DI and makes 460hp *roughly*)
-World class IRS with cast aluminum control arms instead of stamped steel
-New IRS diff cover doesn't appear to be an 8.8
-2nd generation of the MT82 if a replacement isn't chosen yet
-All 3 non-svt motors will share transmissions, and likely all have the same aluminum driveshaft (cheaper in the end)
-Also the S550 will use the Fusion backspacing for wheels, not that diff from s197 anyways

Users who are viewing this thread