First race against a GT500

eci

Banned
Tank5879 said:
I love these pissing contests of the GT500 vs the terminator...One thing I find interesting is that a large percentage of gt500 "defenders" (terminator bashers) seem to be s197 owners

I currently own a 92 LX 5.0 and a 93' GT. Guess you're wrong. I like both cars ( term/GT500 ) but know which one is using a 25 year newer and more advanced platform.

Tank5879

Established Member
eci said:
I currently own a 92 LX 5.0 and a 93' GT. Guess you're wrong. I like both cars ( term/GT500 ) but know which one is using a 25 year newer and more advanced platform.

That's fine. You have your opinion. I am wrong, mostly cause you say so.

Im not saying your wrong! I just think its funny that s197 owners fell like it affects them if someone talks poorly of the GT500. I had a 93 cobra. I sold it. I will never go older again. What a difference 11 years made to the cobra. I absolutely love it. Someday I will have a GT500. its the next newest cobra. I don't think that terminator is the best and the gt500 is a step back, I just think that the gt500 isn't as revoiltionary and head and shoulders better that many on here make it to be. Let alone a GT. A guy raced a his car, and beat the newer cobra. that is what this forum is about. As always, it is turned into a contest. "which is better" we werent there. we can only speculate. Like i said before. We should wait and see before judgement is made!

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
" A guy raced a his car, and beat the newer cobra. that is what this forum is about. As always, it is turned into a contest. "which is better" we werent there "

Couldnt have said it better myself. I seriously cant believe how far off topic a post in the kill section can get sometimes.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
ScareCrow Couldnt have said it better myself. I seriously cant believe how far off topic a post in the kill section can get sometimes.[/QUOTE said:
good kill. time to awaken the beast with a pulley and tune, and leave no question. it'll be night and day.

TRiedy

wish i was back in FL!
Established Member
Tank5879 said:
I love these pissing contests of the GT500 vs the terminator...One thing I find interesting is that a large percentage of gt500 "defenders" (terminator bashers) seem to be s197 owners...It seems to be a common thread, and they act like bashing the gt500 is bashing any s197. very interesting. Maybe we need to get some gt500 owners on here, and involved in the discussion. I would tend to believe then before I believe a mustang gt owner in such arguments. As for terminator vs s197 arguments, well, I guess Ill wait and see one at the autocross before I decide which is better. There is nothing worse than someone that "has a car like it" arguing with an actual owner. All their opinions come from everyone else and what they've heard. Is the s197 better than the sn95? I would hope so, computers and technology have come a long way. That being said, the 04 cobra is BASED on the 78 fairmont. It isn't the 78 fairmont. Improvements have been made in the last 25 years. The s197 didn't appear out of the dark ages...the problem is that when using the word better, better is a relative term, and everyone has their own idea what is better. I think mobil gas is better than hess gas. is it? fact is, everyone wants to think they have something special. we all do. we are all fortunate enough to own high performance fords, all with different pros and cons. Until more gt500s are on the streets and we get more info, I will withold judgement. I suggest for everyone's sanity. lets all wait and see. maybe someone can put together some comptetitions between the terminator and the shelby, stock vs stock, and modded vs modded, at the strip and the track, having impartial drivers, and get some real world results, instead of comparing magazine times. I think that will end this nonsense.

Thank you! :thumbsup:

good_times44

Established Member
Albuquerque ALI said:
sorry u 03 and 04 cobra guys..... sorry to break the bad news to you but the 2007 gt500 is a better car.. moer horse power and sorry to say better looking ...i love the 03 abd the 04 s but dont bash the 2007 when its a beller car!

Yea I think everyone would believe that if it didn't weigh as much as it does, stock on stock there not to far off speed wise, it takes more hp to move a heavier car plain and simple. looks is about all it has goin for it, besides saying you have a 500hp car straight from the factory.

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
kirks5oh said:
good kill. time to awaken the beast with a pulley and tune, and leave no question. it'll be night and day.

oh you have no idea. lol I've been waiting to get them done but in the last year I've had my car in about 5 times for different things to get fixed. ( TOB twice , rotors failing , oil guage failing , etc. ) Waiting to see if it goes 3 or 4 months before doing it. Cant wait though. I want to see for myself just how much of a difference it'll make :beer:

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
This thread has been hijacked by idiots.

Scarecrow said he won a race, never issued a "My car is better" Statement.

So I'll issue a challenge to Ali, once you get your GT500 I'll run you for pinks. I'll run you for pinks in my Cobra or a Fox if that is what you want. In fact, you pick the car and I'll run you for pinks in it. I'll have no problem investing the 10K into some piece of crap to blow your doors off and drive home in your GT500. I will demand lawyer prepared documents ofcourse. We can even do it on Pinks so the whole world can see a Festiva take out your GT500.

Yes, the GT500 is a great car with a great motor and a great chassis. But if you guys, who will never even own one anyway, think it will never loose a race.....grow up.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
ScareCrow said:
oh you have no idea. lol I've been waiting to get them done but in the last year I've had my car in about 5 times for different things to get fixed. ( TOB twice , rotors failing , oil guage failing , etc. ) Waiting to see if it goes 3 or 4 months before doing it. Cant wait though. I want to see for myself just how much of a difference it'll make :beer:

like you said, i'd wait for them to solve the problems before you go with the pulley. it will be an amazing difference, trust me--billetflow 2.76 with all the idlers and you can reuse your stock belt, and avoid belt slip with the snub idler.

95blowncobra

95blowncobra
Established Member
Listen to ALI! He was halarious!! And I quote.....sorry u 03 and 04 cobra guys..... sorry to break the bad news to you but the 2007 gt500 is a better car!!!! Haha! Opinions are like Assholes......everyone has one!:)

Hillbilly Cobra

Established Member
Nice kill, and obviously a better driver. I like the new Cobra but I think it's a little over rated. Congrats !!!

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Albuquerque ALI said:
sorry u 03 and 04 cobra guys..... sorry to break the bad news to you but the 2007 gt500 is a better car.. moer horse power and sorry to say better looking ...i love the 03 abd the 04 s but dont bash the 2007 when its a beller car!

He didn't bash the 2007 GT500 -- he said he beat it in a street race. Who knows if the GT500 was broken in yet, or how good/bad the driver was.

My take is that the GT500 has some nice features, but it doesn't turn me on. I still like my '03 Cobra. That's not bashing anything, just personal preference.

Almo

Established Member
Albuquerque ALI said:
wow nice ... i didnt say u didnt race and beat the car but come on man why would he max out his car in the break in stage??? maybe u didnt break in your car but i think people that spend 40+ k on a car u woud think they would be a bit smarter then that ////////// but great run i gues

Albuquerque ALI said:
great point

Did anyone else catch this? :lol: :lol:

LMAO... Post #32 Ali quoted himself with a great point. :D :D :D :D

ViciousJay

Established Member
Albuquerque ALI said:

thats a bold statement... to his is his own.... 07 car is forged but with crap parts.... sorry 03/04 still better bargin for weight/power and $$$$$$$

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Albuquerque ALI said:

Dude- I think you are in danger of getting a TUI- Typing Under the Influence-
you ok bro?

The GT500 might be a better handling car...but IMO the Terminator is a better LOOKING car. I do think that the "potential" the GT500 has will turn out to be incredible and will start to dominate the streets in the next year or so.

ViciousJay

Established Member
i dont see the price falling off anytime soon.... its liek gas prices once you pay more theyve got you by the balls from then on out :(

Users who are viewing this thread