First Post Looking for Obsolete Parts 5.0 Cobra

302 COBRA

Established Member
Hey Everyone,

I'm doing a minor "overhaul" on my 1994 Cobra. Had a few issues, and the folks on the "run of the mill" boards don't seem to have the time or knowledge to assist me with SVT related questions....:wf:

All the parts that I'm finding need replacement are obsoleted by Ford, can't find any oem/ nos nationwide in dealer network.

Can't even find a few parts on the INTERNET. I thought you could buy ANYTHING on the net....

I AM LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS PARTS FOR THE 94-95 COBRA, AND IS WILLING TO SELL FOR A REASONABLE PRICE.

Parts I am in dire need of are BLOCK TO OIL COOLER Rubber Seal, OIL COOLER HOSES, and a few other odds and ends. I've heard alot of owners delete the OEM oil cooler, hopefully I can find the seal, or even purchase a cooler w/ seal in good shape....

I'm trying to keep the car as it came from the factory, with the exception of exhaust, so any help would be good.

I know all about the forum classifieds, and Jim over at PPI.

Thanks in advance.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
got any pics of the part youre trying to replace?

you might have to get creative and find an equivalent on a newer vehicle.

302 COBRA

Established Member
I wanted the hoses to say "Motorcraft."
But yes, I can just get 90 degree elbows from Autozone, delete the cooler, etc.
Trying to keep all Ford parts in it. My main concern is the oil cooler seal...It's more than an o-ring, and its a sandwich cooler, but lacks the adapter like the 4.6 coolers.
I am most likely gonna have to find an oil filter gasket, or improvise, but that dosen't sit well with me...I'm sick in the head like that.

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Is it that important to you that the hoses say 'Motorcraft'? I can understand doing it on an older car that is being restored back to factory condition. I'm just curious why you want the Motorcraft label.

*SVT*

What next?
Established Member
Is it that important to you that the hoses say 'Motorcraft'? I can understand doing it on an older car that is being restored back to factory condition. I'm just curious why you want the Motorcraft label.

I wanted the hoses to say "Motorcraft."
But yes, I can just get 90 degree elbows from Autozone, delete the cooler, etc.
Trying to keep all Ford parts in it. My main concern is the oil cooler seal...It's more than an o-ring, and its a sandwich cooler, but lacks the adapter like the 4.6 coolers.
I am most likely gonna have to find an oil filter gasket, or improvise, but that dosen't sit well with me...I'm sick in the head like that.
Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.

That's why.

Users who are viewing this thread