First Passes w/ TH-400: 01 Turbo Cobra

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
Thanks to this site and ModularFords, I was able to do the Auto Swap in my apartment garage. For the people I was heavily IM'ing... thanks

Prior to last night, my last track visit was a 1/4 mile with my 6-speed and 2-step... Ran the following while granny shifting (since i was going to sell tranny):

P9090024_zpsf609d6ae.jpg

I did the auto swap, 26" to 28" tires and 3:55 to 3:27 gears, nothing else, and ran my car last night in the 1/8 mile using transbrake, no 2-step. These were my very first passes with an auto, ever, not to mention with a line lock and transbrake... was too nervous to mess with the 2-step. Overall, car ran great. Incredibly smooth, just not launching hard enough... need to build more boost off the line... there's much more in her. Ran in order from left to right:

null_zpsc33c3616.jpg

Run 1:
No clue what i was doing... wimpy burnout, pre-stage, creeped up to full stage, hit t-brake, rev'd to about 3K, slowly started building boost and light turned green so i just hit it. took off weak and still spun. Tires were at 12psi.

Run 2:
Another wimpy burnout, pre-stage, creeped to full stage, hit t-brake, hit gas pedal harder to about 3,200 to build a little more boost but light turned green before building it up high enough... took off about the same. Tires at 12psi. Can't remember the car i ran but he only beat me by .04sec... i was pulling him hard... would have blown his doors off in the 1/4.

Run 3:
Received some tips from friends... lowered tires to 10psi. Grabbed 2nd during burnout and held a little longer, pre-staged, held foot brake and started building some boost right then, creeped forward to full stage, hit t-brake, hit gas even harder built up a little more boost and launched her. I was running a trailered Fox body... full cage, removable steering wheel, fat cam, etc... he took me off the line but caught him at the end... I'll post the vid when I get a chance. On my friends phone...

i know i can build more boost but just need more practice... additionally, i have a 2-step to experiment with... So if I ran a 10.99 @ 130mph with a 7.2 1/8mile, what do you think i can run in the 1/4mile after running a 6.8 in the 1/8 with room for improvement? you think low 10's? mid 10's?

Dyno'd at 18psi but hit 20psi last night... cool weather was my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread