First mods for a 01' L

SuperTrooper

Can't get the last word n
Established Member
A buddy of mine has finally caved in and wants to do some mods to his truck. I told him it probally would be easiest to go with the simple Pulley and chip. Which size and company should he go with? Does he need a different belt? If so...which one? Where should he go for a chip? JMS? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

hdotis69

Established Member
I would go with a 4# lower pulley. They usually come with a belt. He can go through rpmoutlet.com to get the stuff he needs.CAI would wourk great too.

02Thunder

Professional Cynic!
Established Member
4# pulley and belt
Air Filter Kit
SCT Tune

RPM Outlet for the pulley and Air filter, and SCT is in Longwood, FL. Check out their site for the nearest local tuner.

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
1. FTVB (FACTORY TECH VALVE BODY)
2. 4# lower and 2.8 upper
3. NGK TR6's or Denso 22's
4. A good dyno tuned chip (if not available a good chip from REM)
5. Open Air filter kit
Although I didn't do untill just recently, the FRPP lowering kit was worth every penny too.

99RedSVT

Established Member
1. FTVB
2. 4 or 6# lower pulley with gator back belt.
3. tr6's or denso 22's
4. airaid CAI
5, JDM exhaust
6. Predator tuner
7. Dyno tuned

SuperTrooper

Established Member
Can sombody spell SCT out for me so I can do a google search for website and contact info. Thanks again.

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
A friend here in Pensacola has the SCT tuner package to change and modify all aspects of your tune. It was around 700.00+, but after watching what it can do, I am truly amazed.

SuperTrooper

Established Member
Hey guys, I am looking at the SCT and Predator chips. It looks like you do the tuning? Is this correct? I am not familiar enough with cars and their parameters to do this I don't think. I know on my 98GT I went with JMS to burn a chip for me and net'd gains well beyond what I expected. Any help here would be great.
Thanks

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Custom tunes from vendors can be downloaded into bothe the Predator and SCT. I suggest the Predator, it has more features and is supported by more vendors.

Users who are viewing this thread