First mod.....

7ONE7

B737 DRVR
Established Member
I don't know if it qualifies......:bored:.......but after only 7 days of glorious ownership....a brand new windshield. Apparently the '13 is not bullet/rock proof, darn it....! That is $285 down the drain, not to used for mods.....

aso544

Established Member
Did ya get the right one? Think regular mustangs a Shelbys have different emblems on the top.

Klinsmann18

The Hoss
Established Member
Did you ensure it was OEM? Just had my 2012 SRT8 windshield replaced last week due to a rock cracking it, OEM was $475 compared to aftermarket of $300.

7ONE7

B737 DRVR
Established Member
I did get the OEM replacement, accurate down to the little numbers about halfway up the windshield. Even though not free, I was somewhat pleasantly surprised about the price. I was expecting a bit more. And nothing weird about the breakage, just a bit of rock I would guess, you know from the sound it makes it is not just a chip.........big chip followed immediately by a 10" and rapidly expanding crack.....

Last edited:

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
I did get the OEM replacement, accurate down to the little numbers about halfway up the windshield. Even though not free, I was somewhat pleasantly surprised about the price. I was expecting a bit more. And nothing weird about the breakage, just a bit of rock I would guess, you know from the sound it makes it is not just a chip.........big chip followed immediately by a 10" and rapidly expanding crack.....

Yeah the price had me wondering as well.

When I cracked the windshield on my 05 Mustang GT when I owned it, it was $425.

7ONE7

B737 DRVR
Established Member
It probably is somewhat more than I paid, I used Glass Pro which was running a 50% off promotion....

95SC

Banned
front windshield is covered by most of the insurance companies [ no deductible]

terbo

Established Member
This. I'm reading through this thread and wondering why people are paying to replace their glass when the insurance company will do it for you.

Bobbyblaze

Established Member
This. I'm reading through this thread and wondering why people are paying to replace their glass when the insurance company will do it for you.

Maybe he only has liability? LOL. Seriously tho I've never had to pay for any glass breakage out of pocket.

Klinsmann18

The Hoss
Established Member

Depends on state rules and insurance company. In MD, State Farm considers glass a comprehensive claim unless broken in accident, then a collision. Deductible applies. $500 ded = no pay. Even with a $250 ded I would pay it instead of filing a claim on the record.

7ONE7

B737 DRVR
Established Member
I do indeed have State Farm and they will pay for the damage under comprehensive. Unfortunately my deductible is $500.......

reason4treason

Established Member
It probably is somewhat more than I paid, I used Glass Pro which was running a 50% off promotion....

sorry to hear that. so at 50% off you're talking $570 'usual'? not bad, relatively speaking. my Vette replacement (have heads-up display) was $15-1600 from what I recall. this does remind me of something I've been wondering which was what replacement parts cost in general on GT500s as compared to Vettes, and how often they're on hand in the parts dept of most sizable dealerships with SVT cert techs. for anybody who is sick of waiting for their order and considering a used Z06, gotta remember the "Vette tax." also makes me wonder how accessable GT500 techs are as compared to Vette techs, coz I don't have mechanic skills.

Users who are viewing this thread