first mod to my 07 GT/CS

cobra mike

rice killing king!
Established Member
hellion turbo kit, with upgradded turbonetics,62mm GTK ball bearing turbo.

sorry crappy cell phone pics
no dyno numbers yet.

0221091808a.gif

0221091808.gif

0221091807.gif

0221090100.gif

0221090058.gif

blue3v

Established Member
how was the install did you do it yourself. and please post up some numbers i am very curios i plan on doing that very same setup come july.

cobra mike

rice killing king!
Established Member
how was the install did you do it yourself. and please post up some numbers i am very curios i plan on doing that very same setup come july.
yes i did the install myself, it wasent to bad, kit fit perfectly.took me a day, but i wasent working hard, had a few people stop by and when that happens you sit and talk about it for an hour or so when each person stops in..lol..but it was up and running that nite, fully tuned and all, my buddy owns a shop, that we build street and race mustangs in here in richmond. and he is a dealer for hellion, so i did it there. i would say the name of the shop, but i dont know how political things are here with that kind of thing. he tunned it on the street, because the dyno hasent been istalled yet. air fuel, is dead on ,timming is great, runs perfectly.. the auto tranny makes it fun to, just spin into 4th if you flat foot it from a stop, has hardly no lag at any rpm, its a great kit and fits awsome. he says it will run low 11s the way it feels, but we will see. with the auto it may be a deceptive feel. all i know is it rolls out, when we were data logging it on the sct live link, i did a 60 to 125 mph pull in 5 seconds, according to the computer
when you get it let me know, i found a couple of easer ways to do some stuff
and as a side note, it looks way better in person than these crappy pics
you wont be sorry, its an aswsome kit, i love it

Last edited:

StStang0702

SVT Poster
Established Member
Cobra mike are you running any different internals etc? im seriously considering getting this turbo kit for my car, but with the HP output i was nervous about pushing the engine that high because people were saying that they were blowing motors at 450 and with the 62mm hellion they say it puts over 500...any input would be appreciated

cobra mike

rice killing king!
Established Member
Cobra mike are you running any different internals etc? im seriously considering getting this turbo kit for my car, but with the HP output i was nervous about pushing the engine that high because people were saying that they were blowing motors at 450 and with the 62mm hellion they say it puts over 500...any input would be appreciated

ill tell you this, after i drove the car, i know it makes over 500, my old cobra made 400 to the tire, with the kenne bell,and i had a 125 shot of gas on top of that, and this feels faster than that one was on the spray..so i did decided to bite the bullit and put some rods and pistions in it. the stock crank will be ok as long as it has the 62 on it, but the rods are week, and when they go they break and take the block out with it, you can detune the kit so the stock engine will live,
if you get the boost under 8 psi you should be ok. dail it in to around 420 or 430 hp with low timing and a rich fuel mixture, your dyno tune shop shuld be able to do that. and youll be fine.

Last edited:

Boost Devil

Brothers in Battle
Established Member

Running a 62mm turbo @11 psi on a stock 08 with 515rwhp and 540rwtq here with no problems yet. I believe I am pushing the stock internals but my tuner has set the timing to be ultra conservative. This beast has my trap speeds near 130 !!! (128.7)

Have fun and do it !!!!

cobra mike

rice killing king!
Established Member
Running a 62mm turbo @11 psi on a stock 08 with 515rwhp and 540rwtq here with no problems yet. I believe I am pushing the stock internals but my tuner has set the timing to be ultra conservative. This beast has my trap speeds near 130 !!! (128.7)

Have fun and do it !!!!
yeah thats pushing the envolope....lol.. i have seen some cars make that and live some make 450 and explode, even with a good tune, the rods are powdered and the strength verries, you have a good engine, and so are 75% of them, but some are week, and im just not taking the chance with mine, my lucks not that good...lol..i see your in northern VA.. cool im in richmond. we have some cool mustang get togeathers going on in the spring you should come down

rj333

Graduating Sooner or Late
Established Member
Thats one hell of a way to get things going. And I though I was special with my axleback. Sweet setup, I cant wait to see some videos and some numbers with that bad boy.

cobra mike

rice killing king!
Established Member
Thats one hell of a way to get things going. And I though I was special with my axleback. Sweet setup, I cant wait to see some videos and some numbers with that bad boy.

ill get that after i put rods and pistons in in next month, going to up the boost some more, get it right, and then make some dyno pulls, and rolling burnout vids.

xtreme02gt

1 Slow GT!
Established Member
I am putting down 497rwhp, with no problems. and the whipple has been on there a year now. I would have put more down, but I ran out of injectors

BTW: Very nice 1st mod!!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread