first mod to my 07 GT/CS

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
LOL! I was expecting to open up this thread to see a CAI/tuner or exhaust. Where in VA are you located?

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
cobra mike; what are your impressions of seat of the pants feel? You said it feels faster than your cobra but is the power better than roots blower (in terms of when it comes in). Also did you upgrade the turbo to a 76? I have been considering it when I get my kit but I'm afraid of turbo lag.

I love the kit but the aesthetics bother me a little. The inlet pipe looks to small in comparison to the motor and the rubber tubing just right of center line look out of place. What are your impressions of the presentation of the kit?

Thanks in advance

Jesse

cobra mike

rice killing king!
Established Member
cobra mike; what are your impressions of seat of the pants feel? You said it feels faster than your cobra but is the power better than roots blower (in terms of when it comes in). Also did you upgrade the turbo to a 76? I have been considering it when I get my kit but I'm afraid of turbo lag.

I love the kit but the aesthetics bother me a little. The inlet pipe looks to small in comparison to the motor and the rubber tubing just right of center line look out of place. What are your impressions of the presentation of the kit?

Thanks in advance

Jesse
well first the pics really dont do the kit justice. its a bit more flashy than a blower.
unless you want to make 600 hp,to 850 hp, and have a built engine there is no need for the 76mm unit. the 62mm unit will make more than enough to blow your engine into small little peices. they max out around 600 or so at 16 psi. the 76mm makes 26 psi on my 97 and if you get a built motor later on, all you have to do is just swap out the turbo itself for a 76, the rest of the kit is exactly the same. cool thing is with a boost controller, you can adjust your boost with a small turn of a knob, insted of changing pullies, like for a race you can put in race fuel, turn the knob, and reflash your computer with the race tune and be done in 5 min, and making upwards of 100 more hp. kit is adjustable from like 380 at 5 psi to 600 or so at max pressure
the inlet piping is larger than the output on the turbo, no need to be any bigger, trust me the turbo will get the air through it.
mine is the ball bearing upgrade, with the gtk quick spool turbo, still 62mm hardly any lag at all. with my auto, by the time i smack it and the trany decides what gear to go in the turbo is spooled. the 76 will give you some lag about a second ana half.
i had the KB on my old car, and the feel of the turbo i really love.
the kb has that kick when you hit it, and pulls at that same level till you let off, this turbo has a good kick and it just keeps pulling harder and harder till you let off. it spins terribly, do to that fact.lol..
as a owner of both i say turbo, thats why i took the KB off the old car and the nitrous, and put on a turbo..the feel of the turbo give you more of a rush. but thats just my impression.. i can tell you, you wouldent be sorry if you got one. if you have any more questions feel free to ask
i see your in VA beach, not to far, how about before you make up your mind ill let you drive it. you should come to the GOOTC event this march, at mir, i know there are a few people comming from your aria. i wont be in the car for that event though, helping out a few coustomers cars.. here is a link
http://www.getoutofthecold.net/forum/index.php

Last edited:

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
Cobra Mike, that is a AWESOME and tremendous offer! I greatly appreciate it! I am currently living in England but my tour is up in 11 months. I would love to take you up on that offer when I get back though. I hear ya on blowing that the motor up, my buddy go the 76mm bb kit and I thought it was little excessive. I think I cold run mid 11's with the regular kit with meth and slicks.

What gauges are your running (boost, fuel, etc) have you seen that interceptor gauge? I think that would be helpful to monitor everything going on with the car. MAN I am so excited to get back and get my car finished.

Thanks again for the offer! and your time.

- Jesse

cobra mike

rice killing king!
Established Member
Cobra Mike, that is a AWESOME and tremendous offer! I greatly appreciate it! I am currently living in England but my tour is up in 11 months. I would love to take you up on that offer when I get back though. I hear ya on blowing that the motor up, my buddy go the 76mm bb kit and I thought it was little excessive. I think I cold run mid 11's with the regular kit with meth and slicks.

What gauges are your running (boost, fuel, etc) have you seen that interceptor gauge? I think that would be helpful to monitor everything going on with the car. MAN I am so excited to get back and get my car finished.

Thanks again for the offer! and your time.

- Jesse
i dont have any guages in the car, going for the sleeper look. have guages not mounted that we set everything up with. with the stock mufflers the car sounds almost like it did without the turbo. my old car has all the guages, and they never change...lol..so im not worried about it, im rarly going to be on it anyways, you can run low 11s without the water meth, keep in touch man, and when you get back your welcome to take it for a spin, of corse ill be riding...lol.. and you can check out the shop aswell, and see some of our other projects. ill send you a link in a pm.

xtreme02gt

1 Slow GT!
Established Member
cool thats what i got. yeah 500 is about it for the 39s. but thats all i want to make max with this car.

Well, that's all I wanted to make too, untill I got there. Now I need more.

But first I need alittle more motor. I will start that project later this year, hopefully. I want a stroker kit, cams and some heads, and then up the boost. Only thing is I don't know how much boost the 2.3 can put out. :read:

cobra mike

rice killing king!
Established Member
what fuel pump are ya runnin?

stock.. its doing ok for now, keeping the a/f at 11.6 at wot. i hear they are good for 460 to the tire. but on livelink. they are at 100% of what they will do at 3500 rpm, and the computer is backing off my throttle input to the throttle body to between 88 and 90% depending on temp outside.. insted of the 100% it has before the 3500 rpm, so its out of pump, im going to change it in a few months so i can have my 100%...lol..

cobra mike

rice killing king!
Established Member
Well, that's all I wanted to make too, untill I got there. Now I need more.

But first I need alittle more motor. I will start that project later this year, hopefully. I want a stroker kit, cams and some heads, and then up the boost. Only thing is I don't know how much boost the 2.3 can put out. :read:

yeah i hear ya, but i got the old cobra to make more power with, this is just going to be my daily driver, so im ok with 450 to 500...lol..
a 2.3 should put out 18 to 20 or more. 2.2 kbs do it on 03 cobras

Users who are viewing this thread