First Mod. Not much, but hey....

finally03gt

Established Member
So after 15 months of ownership, I finally completed my first mod. I replaced the front shifter bushings and shifter to stick rubber with billet pieces. I also swapped to Amsoil transmission lube and diff lube.

Definitely picked up bit is transmission noise in the cabin, and the actually shifts are louder. It feels much more deliberate, and is solid, other than the side to side slop.

I tinted the fog lights with spray tint as well. Going to spray the tail lights tomorrow.

finally03gt

Established Member
OH, and recently changed to the AutoZone C-maxx gold pads. Not overly impressed. The initial bite just isn't there. The do ok once you you set into them, but you have to mean it.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Anything you can do to improve shifting is a positive, cuz the stock components SUCK. How do you like the Amsoil? I noticed an improvement right away, especially when cold.

finally03gt

Established Member
My initial impression of the shifter bushings and Amsoil was not high. I picked up a little transmission noise at low speed, and the shifts resonate in the transmission tunnel. The feeling is different, haven't decided if that is good or not. I doesn't seem to be as smooth, but much more deliberate. You FEEL it go into gear and you have no doubt it's there. I kinda liked that.

BUT, just for grins, I tried 2nd, as I have experienced the dreaded grind. Nothing.... I tried 3-4 times. Doing all the things I know 2nd doesn't like. Positive solid engagement each time. Time will tell, but for now WOOHOOO!!

I'll try to get some pics up. I may have gone a little too dark? See if I get stopped. I did the corner lights and 3rd brake light also. And I finally got some window tint on it today. It was dark out when I got the lights back in, so I'm excited to see it in the day light.

finally03gt

Established Member
20151008_113551.jpg
20151008_113619.jpg

They still need to be we sanded and buffed, but the clear has to cure for 5 days first.

Users who are viewing this thread