First look @ JLT's Carbon Fiber CAI

ViciousJay

Established Member
Well most are paying 379 or more for a tune which averages about 15 peak rwhp. So 300 for 10 looks in the ballpark. So you are looking at 25 peak rwhp for 679. Its the same price everyone paid for the 05-09 and received the same gains.

you paying it cause the car is new which is complete BS, ill wait a year or two and pick an intake up for $150 tops, im not paying mark up, Tuckers design is by far the best but i cant justify 300 for 10 hp thats nearly $30 per 1hp

Last edited:

Tucker

The funny thing is "another company" comes out with a kit and claims 44-56 RWHP and no one says a word.:??:
It's several parts and look put together and is near $400 and people buy it.:shrug:
Not one single person gets near the 44 RWHP, most only get about 14-17 and still no complaints.:eek:

We come out with a full one piece unit in Carbon Fiber, post realistic gains and price it very fair for the materials used.

K&N's aren't $150 anymore and this isn't "marked up" due to being new.
Our 05-09 kit increased in price.
Most others 05-09 kits are $300+ in plastic
Our GT500 kit is $399 and sells out weekly after 4 years on the market.

You won't find Steeda, C&L or JLT lowering prices on the 2011 kit. We know what we need to make to stay in business and that % shouldn't change in 6 months. If someones kit does lower it's due to poor sales and needing to "get rid of" stock.

We always price our products fair and less then the compitition.

Sorry if the price was not what was expected.

Thanks
Jay

chrisheltra

Established Member
The funny thing is "another company" comes out with a kit and claims 44-56 RWHP and no one says a word.:??:
It's several parts and look put together and is near $400 and people buy it.:shrug:
Not one single person gets near the 44 RWHP, most only get about 14-17 and still no complaints.:eek:

We come out with a full one piece unit in Carbon Fiber, post realistic gains and price it very fair for the materials used.

K&N's aren't $150 anymore and this isn't "marked up" due to being new.
Our 05-09 kit increased in price.
Most others 05-09 kits are $300+ in plastic
Our GT500 kit is $399 and sells out weekly after 4 years on the market.

You won't find Steeda, C&L or JLT lowering prices on the 2011 kit. We know what we need to make to stay in business and that % shouldn't change in 6 months. If someones kit does lower it's due to poor sales and needing to "get rid of" stock.

We always price our products fair and less then the compitition.

Sorry if the price was not what was expected.

Thanks
Jay

I dont think anyone is blaming you. Your doing what you have to in order to keep your head above water and make a profit. Your intake is definitely the most thought out and best looking intake IMHO but if most others are like myself I have never payed more than $200 for a brand new CAI. Granted the last time I payed for a CAI was back in '03 so things have changed a lot since then.

slyguy

Established Member
Very nice looking, and anytime you can beat the competitions price it's a good thing!

One comment though - the seam seems to stand out more than it should...

Other than that, very nice looking piece!

Tucker

Thanks.
The seam is not noticable in person. I think the sun or photo is making it stand out more.

BTW, the car made 420 last night with the new tube ;)

ViciousJay

Established Member
Thanks.
The seam is not noticable in person. I think the sun or photo is making it stand out more.

BTW, the car made 420 last night with the new tube ;)

wait with just an intake?! or a intake + tune? mod list please

Tucker

Sorry, I had posted a few other threads about the build, forgot to mention the list again.
JLT CF CAI, ARHeaders, hi flow cats, stock cat back and JLT custom tune
420.6 RWHP 379 RWTQ

Skip shift removed from the tune as well :)

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
agreed...300+ is alot for an intake even though this is a better price and product

If you guys want to pay under $300 and see good gains, it can happen, but you are not getting CARBON FIBER! You can pay $379 for a Steeda intake which is plastic and aluminum or slightly less for a C&L that is plastic, or you can pay even less, make more power and have Carbon Fiber with JLT. If you don't want the "carbon fiber price", then wait till the plastic kit is released, quite simple. I think $350 is a very good price for a CARBON FIBER intake that will make more power than all the competition.

Users who are viewing this thread