FIRST Look at 2015/16 SVT Mustang (GT350/GT500) s550

Blackdevil77

Established Member
Awesome! I can't wait to see what this will look like. Hopefully we'll find out in January. I'm secretly hoping someone will go crazy, run up to the car, rip the camouflage off and snap some picture just before getting tackled

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Dude that is sick! The 6th gen looks like it has a real low roof line. From the side shots it doesnt look like it will be a fastback style though :-/ You can tell that the roof has some padding but the tail ends way to far back. Looks like a notchback almost

reason4treason

Established Member
motortrend recently added some narrative including reference to SVT to the photos

2015 Ford Shelby Mustang GT350 Prototype Spied

September 17, 2013

A prototype for what could be the 2015 Ford Shelby Mustang GT350 has been spotted on the street in Detroit returning to Ford’s SVT facilities. Rumors suggest that a Shelby GT350 or even a Cobra-badged model could replace the current-generation Shelby GT500 for the top model of the next-generation Mustang.

While the last 2015 Ford Mustang prototype’s tight fitting camouflage showed off much of the upcoming Mustang’s front end design, this Ford Shelby Mustang GT350 prototype returns to loose fitting camo with new mesh panels covering a hood scoop and front fender vents aft of the wheels. The addition of the mesh panels suggests the hood scoop — similar to that on the current Shelby GT500 — and front fender vents are functional rather than just cosmetic pieces.

Other pieces not seen on earlier 2015 Mustang prototypes unique to the Ford Shelby Mustang GT350 mule include large cross-drilled rotors tucked behind larger wheels and more aggressive tires. Around back, the Ford Shelby Mustang GT350 prototype sports quad exhaust tips, which our photographer said “makes a fantastic rumble.”

We also get our first peek inside the interior of the next-generation Mustang with a close-up shot of the Ford Shelby Mustang GT350 prototype’s steering wheel and redundant infotainment buttons.

While Ford hasn’t revealed details of the next-generation Mustang’s powertrains, the Shelby GT500′s supercharged 5.8-liter V-8 won’t carry over. One possible engine option for the Ford Shelby Mustang GT350 is a supercharged 5.0-liter V-8 or a version of the drag-race-only Cobra Jet’s twin-turbo 5.0-liter V-8 shown at last year’s SEMA show.

Read more: http://wot.motortrend.com/2015-ford-shelby-mustang-gt350-prototype-spied-407453.html#ixzz2fBHnH0j0

Last edited:

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Antone notice the makeshift full rear defuser/undertray?

I'm going to play a conspiracy theorist and say that they are hiding the fact it does not have IRS. Maybe some models (CJ and other drag specific cars) will get SRA and some IRS?????

BossAnaki

Established Member
I'm going to play a conspiracy theorist and say that they are hiding the fact it does not have IRS. Maybe some models (CJ and other drag specific cars) will get SRA and some IRS?????

That would be great but I'm not going to hold my breath.

BossAnaki

Established Member
Finally decent rear brake calipers!!

You do realize its mostly cosmetic at this point and wont aid in better breaking performance due to the front does 80-90% of the breaking on cars such as the Mustang. It will add additional price to the car more than it will improve the breaking.

BossAnaki

Established Member
Also noticed that the front wheels are more concave than the rears. This is a sign that the front track has been widened.

9secondko

9secondko
Established Member
A few thoughts:

1) Definitely looks exciting on the exhaust/rear end side.

Looks like using the current GT500 exhaust to fake everyone out.

The way the diffuser is cut, it looks like the production exhaust s moving more toward the center than the outside. Would make sense if the engine is producing a more F1 type exhaust note, to visually distinguish it as well. And the reaer valance design is looking awesome. As in DREAM CAR awesome. I almost cann't beleive they are finally giving the mustang some exotic treatment.

2) Called the reverse C scoop with fender vents a while back. More as a "hope" and so excited to see it here in the actual testing mule. After seeing them, wondering how effective they are at removing actual heat from the engine compartment... unless... they are for removing heat from the fenderwells - in a cold air inducted Twin Turbo application... Just a crazy thought...

3) The hood and front fascia appear to be a decent amount different from the GT/?? car that we've been seeing. Even the camo allows some of the aggression to show through.

4) Defiineitely a fastback style of some sort. The curve of the front windows along with the peak at the interior view of the side quarter window previously reveal that.

5) Low roofline. And it looks awesome.

6) HIDs. Hoping for LEDs. Still cool.

7) TIRES!

8) BRAKES!

9) Dual round instrument clusters reminds me too much of the current pony. But hopefully, its only a very passing resemblance. 10 years is more than enough.

Overrall, this car is serously exciting me. Enjoying the Terminator, but the possibilities of this care are making me question my financial sanity.

Kudos to Ford for paying attention to consistent, futuristic design. The little revealed about htis car coupled with the hints shown in these pictures points to something with an exotic flair to it.

Still hoping...

Users who are viewing this thread