FIRST Look at 2015/16 SVT Mustang (GT350/GT500) s550

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
I'm going to play a conspiracy theorist and say that they are hiding the fact it does not have IRS. Maybe some models (CJ and other drag specific cars) will get SRA and some IRS?????

The CJ would be best served if no other production version of the car has an SRA. If the street legal car is available with an SRA, then the Cobra Jet (or any other car entering into NHRA Stock Eliminator) must utilize the stock suspension. However, if the mass production car is ONLY available with an IRS, then the NHRA permits the installation of a 4-link in Stock Eliminator.

Check out the Camaros and Challengers: Factory IRS cars in street legal form, so the track-ready COPO and Drag Packs are permitted to (and do) use 4-links. This gives them more freedom in suspension design and thus an advantage. I expect the next CJ to do the same (run a 4-link).

KILRSVT

Established Member
That looks cool ..... I think there gonna go away from the "muscle" scenario and move into the global market and make it a true world class sports car

GTMamba

Established Member
Huh? That's not a video. :facepalm: It's just a bunch of pictures put into a video.

Saw these pics at Mustang6g, someone said they were headed to do high elevation testing in Colorado..

Stang Lover

Established Member
Huh? That's not a video. :facepalm: It's just a bunch of pictures put into a video.

Saw these pics at Mustang6g, someone said they were headed to do high elevation testing in Colorado..

Well picture video my bad. Hopefully they reveal something else to us this year.

specizripn

Established Member
I haven't seen it in person so I can't say for sure, but from the pic it doesn't look like there would be enough room in the engine bay for a top mounted blower in the new smaller chasis. Maybe a couple of turbos or a beast of an na motor? Could be wrong, they did fit one in the new edge cobras.

Users who are viewing this thread