First impressions with BAMA hybrid tune

Spiney

Established Member
I removed the 13 year old Superchip off the ECU on our 96 SVT Cobra. I then installed the 93 octane Hybrid Race Tune. She feels like a whole new car. Definite more seat of the pants feel in power and acceleration. Unfortunately our local track Maple Grove Dragway stopped test & tune for the season so I don't have numbers. But so far I'm very satisfied. Going to 93 was not a big issue because we only used 93 in our car, usually Shell or Sunoco. BTW car has 46,670 miles on the clock.

I may have to take a drive to Cecil County Dragway to satisfy my curiosity.

Dan from American Muscle, what is the difference between the Hybrid and your regular tunes? Also what's the main difference between the Performance and the Race tunes? Thanks, Spiney-Dave Reading, PA

Spiney

Established Member
I need to get the answer from BAMA as to what a hybrid tune is. They say it's a combination of the best of a performance tune and a race tune. Has both low and high end performance boost.

So far it feels much more responsive and while driving it aggressively my MPG went UP 2mpg. I used to average only 17-18. Now I'm getting 19-20 while stomping on it a lot to check it out.

The one problem I now have is my CEL is on because I have no cats. I need to contact BAMA and have them rewrite the tune to turn off the O2 sensors.

Users who are viewing this thread