First full DIY detail job... In process

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
Looks good. I will go ahead and tell you what you already figured out about Adams. It is not geared toward professional use, in the regards to buffing. A lot of there products work great in other areas...tires, rims, exhaust, metal, engine bay and wax. There polishes are geared towards Weekend Warriors. They have little to no correction rate and when your dealing with medium hard clears such as on the mustangs, you will have to use the KB Method with your PC to really get good results.

If your wanting to achieve full correction or as close as you can get with the PC...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ter-7-years-had-my-03-cobra-detialed-wow.html

This members cobra I did, was two stepped with a Griots DA which is of equal OPM rate to the PC. But Meguiars 105 compound and M205 polish were used to achieve 90%+ correction. So if your planning on doing this and getting to a professional level with your correction I would recommend looking into Menzerna and Meguiars lines for more correction power and better finishing polishes.

Pads also make a huge difference and would look into Chemical Guys hex-logic line, Lake Country CCS line or Uber pads.

I'm pretty sure you're never supposed to use dial, but at least you're making an effort.

No, dial is a professional trick just like using diluted 70% IP Alcohol. Dial is a great way to help break down and remove a wax or sealant from the paint. Also a great way to degrease the oils from polishing after major paint correction.

It strips wax off so using it in-between waxes is a bad idea. From what I heard correct me if Im wrong I'm just now starting to learn and change from a wash here and there guy to more detail type of cleaning.

Yes and no on the inbetweens. If you waxed/sealed a car and then wash it a week later, yes bad idea. If your planning on rewaxing/sealing a vehicle, then its great to use to help remove the previous wax/sealant.

Bballplayanick

K1ng C0bRa
Established Member
Looks good. I will go ahead and tell you what you already figured out about Adams. It is not geared toward professional use, in the regards to buffing. A lot of there products work great in other areas...tires, rims, exhaust, metal, engine bay and wax. There polishes are geared towards Weekend Warriors. They have little to no correction rate and when your dealing with medium hard clears such as on the mustangs, you will have to use the KB Method with your PC to really get good results.

If your wanting to achieve full correction or as close as you can get with the PC...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ter-7-years-had-my-03-cobra-detialed-wow.html

This members cobra I did, was two stepped with a Griots DA which is of equal OPM rate to the PC. But Meguiars 105 compound and M205 polish were used to achieve 90%+ correction. So if your planning on doing this and getting to a professional level with your correction I would recommend looking into Menzerna and Meguiars lines for more correction power and better finishing polishes.

Pads also make a huge difference and would look into Chemical Guys hex-logic line, Lake Country CCS line or Uber pads.

No, dial is a professional trick just like using diluted 70% IP Alcohol. Dial is a great way to help break down and remove a wax or sealant from the paint. Also a great way to degrease the oils from polishing after major paint correction.

Yes and no on the inbetweens. If you waxed/sealed a car and then wash it a week later, yes bad idea. If your planning on rewaxing/sealing a vehicle, then its great to use to help remove the previous wax/sealant.

I disagree. :shrug: Adam's Polishes hasn't let me down yet! Probably the best stuff I have ever used. If used correctly, you will find amazing results. Check the thread where I detail a Viper using products from adamspolishes.com. To the OP, how much product were you using in each step? All you need to use is 3 pea sized drops on your pad which should be set to a speed of 5. Less is more with this stuff...

Last edited:

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
You know what you are doing with this. Instead of asking you a bunch of questions im going read some of your older post to learn some more thats all.

Sorry, thought you were meanign something else. If you have any question feel free to ask.

I disagree. :shrug: Adam's Polishes hasn't let me down yet! Probably the best stuff I have ever used. If used correctly, you will find amazing results. Check the thread where I detail a Viper using products from adamspolishes.com. To the OP, how much product were you using in each step? All you need to use is 3 pea sized drops on your pad which should be set to a speed of 5. Less is more with this stuff...

I will disagree with that. I have seen there products used first hand by there employee's at two different Detailing Events they have held. I know two of there reps and each of the reps has even told me...and I quote... "We know our products are not meant for professional use. They are more geared towards the weekend warriors." There products are not meant for full paint correction and in your viper thread, you remove a few light scuff marks. But yet it took you 3 steps to accomplish that. Most of those could have been removed in 1-2 steps with stronger grade products.

I am not putting their products down, I use some of them. But when it comes to their line of buffing products, they are not for full correction. You can get it using them but it would require much more work than say the Meguiars, Menzerna, Optimum or 3D HD lines.

03vertsnake

Driver
Established Member
Good stuff man, looks great. I just picked up quite a few things out from Chemical Guys. I will hopefully be able to make my own thread and track my progress just like you have.

Bballplayanick

K1ng C0bRa
Established Member
Sorry, thought you were meanign something else. If you have any question feel free to ask.

I will disagree with that. I have seen there products used first hand by there employee's at two different Detailing Events they have held. I know two of there reps and each of the reps has even told me...and I quote... "We know our products are not meant for professional use. They are more geared towards the weekend warriors." There products are not meant for full paint correction and in your viper thread, you remove a few light scuff marks. But yet it took you 3 steps to accomplish that. Most of those could have been removed in 1-2 steps with stronger grade products.

I am not putting their products down, I use some of them. But when it comes to their line of buffing products, they are not for full correction. You can get it using them but it would require much more work than say the Meguiars, Menzerna, Optimum or 3D HD lines.

Until I use the products you listed, I can't say much on which I like better :D BUT, I've used Meguiars professional line in the past (click this link -> http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shownshine-saloon-190/729675-2000-viper-gts.html) and to be honest, Adam's Polishes has made detailing SO much easier. Even though there are numerous steps to follow, the results are well worth the extra elbow grease you have to put in. Your work speaks for yourself from what I see in the pictures you post. Ill have to check some of that stuff out in the future! Word on the street is that Menzerna is unbelievable... Ever use Swissvax?

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
Until I use the products you listed, I can't say much on which I like better :D BUT, I've used Meguiars professional line in the past (click this link -> http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shownshine-saloon-190/729675-2000-viper-gts.html) and to be honest, Adam's Polishes has made detailing SO much easier. Even though there are numerous steps to follow, the results are well worth the extra elbow grease you have to put in. Your work speaks for yourself from what I see in the pictures you post. Ill have to check some of that stuff out in the future! Word on the street is that Menzerna is unbelievable... Ever use Swissvax?

From one of my other threads...http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shownshine-saloon-190/775426-recent-work-s.html post #6. Listed what was used between all vehicles.

I am not trying to sound rude on this, just stating something. I dont see how using the Meguiars line and then comparing it against the Adams polishes, could say it was easier? I mean yeah it seems to wipe off the paint better... but thats about it. M105/205 and 8/10 times your done. Rewash to remove dust or if you taped off well enough, just do an alcohol wipe down and your onto your last step processes. The name of the game is to get the correction you want, while removing the least amount of clear, with the best possible finish. Now each paint is different and going to require different combos, but still, you cant be achieving constant results across different makes with the same combos.

Now onto Menzerna...yes they are great. A lot more expensive, but as a business its worth it. It might cost me $125-175 shipped for 3 bottles of 32oz pending on which products I chose, but it takes less product to get faster/better results. Hell, I use M105/205 combo maybe on 2-4 cars a month...where Menzerna combos are used on 10-15 per month. Just such a great set of products. I would highly recommend SIP, Power Gloss, Micro Finish and Super Finish if your willing to spend the average of $40-50 per 32oz.

Now to Swissvax...no. I just cant see the value in paying $250+ for 5-16oz of wax, that MIGHT look slightly better than a $30-100 wax.

331Stroker

Stroked
Established Member

Thanks for the tips!

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
What should I use for a good paint correction?

Loaded question. I always prefer using SIP w/ Uber Orange or Yellow pad with my Dewalt 849. Followed by up Super Finish w/ Uber Green Pad with the Dewalt. Finished down with Micro Finish w/ LC Gold Pad via Dewalt.

bullitt1672

Established Member
Didn't read through the whole thing, but is the picture with the LED light shining on the paint and the pics after that before or after the polish?

Users who are viewing this thread