First Flight - DJI

INNOVATE_1

Part-time Dream Crusher
Established Member
Went out with a few friends today to see what this Phantom Vision 2+ could do. Slight breeze but fairly easy to fly for the most part. Definitely need to practice piloting. Here are a few pics shot with the drone and edited with the iphone. Unfortunately my buddy Earico left before we could snap any shots of his ride. He was in a rush to get to a Billy Ray Cyrus concert.

A0B81C5D-A48F-4E6E-8DBC-1AAC643673B6_zpsyirrglc0.gif

5CC8C49A-00EE-42D7-B0FB-6671AEC9ABD8_zpspv4aeefi.gif

E05D5EBF-07C2-4928-A0EB-F070088CEA5D_zpsr92xoke9.gif

37AC9F4E-95A4-4B53-B15D-DB6390B042D3_zpscq3evgd3.gif

iphone pics

9C983E06-6649-472A-A7EE-A9EACD38E228_zpsmucamy9b.gif

3BF5144A-D903-4A23-865E-4F003A492AD1_zps34qln6jh.gif

oldmodman

Established Member
That model has all the GPS stabilization built in?

Return to home, position hold, altitude hold, etc?

I have a couple of the real cheapies without any stabilization and I have yet to have a flight that lasted more than 15 seconds before i lost control.

I actually found it easier to fly my glow fuel helicopter than the non stabilized quads. I want to try a higher end one with all the whistles, bells, and buzzers.

INNOVATE_1

Part-time Dream Crusher
Established Member
Billy Ray Cyrus hahahaha

Good shots man!

Lol.. Thanks bud!

That model has all the GPS stabilization built in?

Return to home, position hold, altitude hold, etc?

I have a couple of the real cheapies without any stabilization and I have yet to have a flight that lasted more than 15 seconds before i lost control.

I actually found it easier to fly my glow fuel helicopter than the non stabilized quads. I want to try a higher end one with all the whistles, bells, and buzzers.

Yeah, this one has all the bells 'n whistles. The GPS function is really cool since not only will it return home, you can also set a flight path (way points) at different altitudes.

Here's a link with some of the features:
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/feature

Are you crashing after 15 secs or regaining control within a certain distance? This has an auto-fail switch that returns the drone home if anything were to happen.. Not looking forward to ever having to use it..

Sweet! Nice selection of cars.

Earico, Billy Ray Cyrus? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72WhEqeS6AQ)?

Thanks! Lol.. You know Aric and his Billy Ray..

Nice shots bro!

LMFAO at Billy Ray!!

Kip Moore

IMAG1011_zpsf43fe63e.gif

Lol! Thanks!

Thanks.

oldmodman

Established Member
Are you crashing after 15 secs or regaining control within a certain distance? This has an auto-fail switch that returns the drone home if anything were to happen.. Not looking forward to ever having to use it..

Nope. Just plain old crashing. Both of the quads I have a very small and light and I fly them in fairly tall grass so neither has suffered and major damage. I can get them about three mistakes high but after I under or over control they just continue to slip sideways, losing altitude, until they hit the ground. And if i give them full vertical throttle they will turn 90* to the ground and power into the ground. I really need better eye/hand coordination or electronic stabilization. Or just maybe a yard with absolutely no wind until i develop something resembling flight skills.

Users who are viewing this thread