first dyno pull

PxTx

I like cars and bikes
Established Member
The SAAC MkI #004 car has the stock 2.5" Borla SS mufflers. Not the best sound test, but it is mild enough to drive daily and loud enough to get attention from traffic around you.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBQ5dPudsaA"]‪SAAC004.wmv‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
I was told with a blower you need to run a bullet type muffler. I have flows and a off road h pipe I like the sound of the x-pipe better so I'm changing the entire set up. I was thinking slp bullets?

With turbos u need a straight through muffler... Not a blower car... The chambered muffler will cost a turbo big power because of the backpressure involved. Blowers r rpm driven so mufflers won't effect performance as much. I'd do borla xs mufflers... That's what I run on my stang.

teal_93

Established Member
I guess I need to run a cooler plug so it's tuned safe for now until I get the plugs in. And get the mr freeze kit then it's back to the tuner again In a few weeks

PxTx

I like cars and bikes
Established Member
Why do you say that? Care to elaborate on how things were going?

I get it that there was some detonation, and colder plugs may be in order, but what kind of boost levels are you trying to tune for?

91LX713

Established Member
Do you care to share what the numbers were. Its all in progress. You will get where you want to be.

teal_93

Established Member
The car wasn't safe after 5300rpm so it made 305rwhp which makes no sense to me because it made 312rwhp with 24lb injectors and fmu. they told me to get the plugs put themIn and come back they will finish the tune. It had stock motorcraft plugs in it so I got some autolite 23 plugs and gaped them to 33. They also
Suggested the mr freeze kit. So I'm
Ordering that. It makes 9lbs of boost. I should of checked the plugs before I went there. Lesson learned. And also this was in 96 degree heat and humid as heck. It made 305 on the last pull and that was the 14th pull. He said that's why my numbers got
Lower.

91LX713

Established Member
Gotcha, I have heard that methanol is a must for peak performance on blower cars so I am sure you will be pleased with the outcome. 96 and 14 pulls had to take its toll.
Good luck and keep us posted.

teal_93

Established Member
Ok so I ran into a issue. I went outside today to put the new plugs in and the wouldnt thread into the head (autolite 23)?!!? the orignal motorcraft plugs went in fine. so Im guessing since these are gt40 heads I need a different plug.. so Which plug should I go and get?

Last edited:

WillyB93

Established Member
Tell the part store goooru to look in the book/computer for a cross reference to the plug you took out. Or are they the gt40 heads from a newer year, if so just have them look up like a 1996 ford explorer with the 5.0 in it.

WillyB93

Established Member
Ok I used to work in a part store so this has happens more then once before!

johnh

Established Member
Stole this from turbomustangs.com

Plug Specs for GT-40 Iron, GT-40 Aluminum, GT-40X, & GT-40P Heads

Thread Size- 14mm
Hex Size- .625
Reach- .708
Seat type- Tapered
Electrode- Standard Nickel
Projected Tip

The stock equivalent replacement part numbers according to the Motorsport Catalog are:

Ford MotorSport Part Number AGSF-32C for the GT-40 Aluminum, and GT-40X
Ford MotorSport Part Number AWSF-32C for the GT-40P, and GT-40 Iron

These plugs cross to:

NGK - BPR6EFS Stock Number- 3623 (Stock Heat Range)

Autolite- 104

These are the NGK Race Series Part numbers and specs:

Thread Size- 14mm
Hex Size- .625
Reach- .708
Seat type- Tapered
Electrode- V-Power
Non-Projected Tip

NGK- R5724-8 Stock Number- 7317 (1 Heat Range Colder)
NGK- R5724-9 Stock Number- 7891 (2 Heat Ranges Colder)
NGK- R5724-10 Stock Number- 7993 (3 Heat Ranges Colder

I use the NGK 7891 up to 550 hp and 7993 for more.

teal_93

Established Member
400hp would be really nice, but I don't have enough boost/supporting mods. I think with heads and a cam I'd be right at 400. I need to get rid of this blower and either do a turbo or a novi 1000

WillyB93

Established Member
I forgot you are running an older blower, well good luck with your new run!

Users who are viewing this thread