First Drive( after build) and have engine problems(p0352/p0354)Please help!!!!

xtremekustomz

Established Member
Hey guys just got my build finished and tuned and took the car out to give her a spring wash. Well got it home and put it in the garage till tonight. I took a friend out and gave her to WOT pulls in 2nd and 3rd and the engine light came on.

P0352 IGNITION COIL ”A” PRIMARY/SECONDARY CIRCUIT

P0354 - Ignition Coil D Primary/Secondary Circuit

Could these be caused by spark blowout?
Or water on the coils from earlier pressure washing?
Or are coils burnt?

Any info would be great. Thanks guys!!

My Mods:

2.9 whipple 3.5 pulley
return
63's
jlt HB
SCT 3000maf

joel3431

Brain Terminated.
Established Member
Did you cover the coil cover while washing the engine bay? A lot of guys have the same problem after washing with them not covered. Investigate more, and like said above is it missing? Also for a little insurance, use some dieletric grease on all the connections.

'88347coupe

just a good ol boy
Established Member
If it was pressure washed then you most likely do have water in the spark plug tubes man. Inspect like already mentioned.

mrose75

Established Member
On a sidenote: your avatar pic is awesome! Black cobra on white snow! :coolman:

mustang john

Established Member
Typically when i see those secondary igniton failure codes at work p0351-8 they are almost always bad coil packs. It may not run rough and be missing yet but its getting ready to happen soon. Replace the coils in question, unless you find them under water and even then i would still suspect they may be bad.

Granted i dont work on Ford (Lexus tech) but OBDII codes are universal.

Last edited:

Lights of Speed

can i has 9's?
Established Member
Typically when i see those secondary igniton failure codes at work p0351-8 they are almost always bad coil packs. It may not run rough and be missing yet but its getting ready to happen soon. Replace the coils in question, unless you find them under water and even then i would still suspect they may be bad.

Granted i dont work on Ford (Lexus tech) but OBDII codes are universal.

Ditto, I'm also a Lexus tech and worked for Nissan for several years. Both brands throw the same codes before the coil(s) take a shit. I've had water in mine many times and have never had it miss nor throw a code.

mustang john

Established Member
Ditto, I'm also a Lexus tech and worked for Nissan for several years. Both brands throw the same codes before the coil(s) take a shit. I've had water in mine many times and have never had it miss nor throw a code.

Lol yeah ive had a few customers decline replacing the coils after throwing a p035x code becuase it was running fine only to have them limp in a day or two later to get it replaced.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
codes are for #2 & #4 cyl. which are on pass. side. Seen lots of coil failures, just not one accompanied by a circuit code. Has it been missing since startup? So did circuit codes come back,just on different cylinders then?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread