First Drive: 2011 Ford Super Duty pickup

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I'm not a huge fan of the new exterior styling, but I really like the new 6R140 tranny.

I agree, the styling is getting too cartoon-ish. It's a truck, not a fashion statement. For me, the 2005-07 models were just a damn good looking truck IMO. Simple, but powerful. Some 10 year old kid thought this new design up.

The guts on the other hand, look stout as hell. I anxiously await how their new mill performs in the real world (long term)

Last edited:

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
I agree, the styling is getting too cartoon-ish. It's a truck, not a fashion statement. For me, the 2005-07 models were just a damn good looking truck IMO. Simple, but powerful. Some 10 year old kid thought this new design up.
The guts on the other hand, look stout as hell. I anxiously await how their new mill performs in the real world (long term)

I completely agree. They are getting completely gawdy if thats how you spell it. They are just starting to do too much to the body now.

100% correct on 05-07 body being the best looking bodystyle. I am patiently waiting to pick one up

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
No longer has the bigger axles, wheels, heavier frame, etc. It's basically just an F-350+. They did this because F-450 owners were complaining about getting bad mileage in their 5 ton trucks and not being able to go faster than 85mph.

Users who are viewing this thread