first c8 to run 9

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Hate when it says ‘with appropriate tuning’ without divulging how it’s tuned. Is this the car running a stand-alone piggy packed with the stock pcm?

gt347mustang

Established Member
Congrats ETS! Didnt know they're getting into c8's. They make great parts for evo's and gtr's.

Did it lift the front wheel shifting to second??

gofast15

Established Member
It barley hit 9s with TT kit , built motor , built heads , direct port methanol , clutches , axels , drag radials . Kind of weak sauce

badmpg03

Established Member
did you watch the video at all ? it made 872rwhp on 13psi and 980rwhp on 18psi then it run 10.5 on 13.5 psi and 9.95 on 15 psi

You were saying it barely hit 9's with all that work...but that was on relatively low boost 13 or 15 lbs? It looks to me like they built it for 30 PSI. Who knows how they are tuning the e99 ecu
I think all that work they did could be a monster when they add boost

ArabianOak

Established Member
this has been the big hangup with the c8, not much in the aftermarket yet and a difficult ecu to deal with. Long live the true king THE C7ZR1!!!!! lolololol...of course I am not biased in any way shape or form.

in the next year or two they will have all this stuff sorted and when the real animals come out (c8 z06/zr1) you will see 9 second cars with hardly any mods...matter of fact my prediction is if they can get the z06 a little bit more than 600hp and keep the weight down you will see a stock c8 z06 running really low 10's.

chevy has admitted to copying the mclaren 12c and ferrari 488 to create the c8. I can tell everyone that the c8 stingray has so much in common with the mclaren that I can't believe they didnt get sued!

Users who are viewing this thread