First BOSS in the 10's!! Lethal Performance Inc [email protected]

RTD

Established Member
The car has the stock 3.73's in it. Nothing had been modified from the factory as far as the engine, trans, suspension or rear end is concerned.

Which basically means it's running a 100-150 shot (and a tune to at least raise the rev limiter).

I can see the seats in the vid, so the interior isn't gutted.

Damn, I was really hoping it would be a full bolt-on car. No interest whatsoever in an otherwise stock car with NOS. Whats the point. May as well just run a 250 shot and be the "first Boss in the 9's".

16kOrBust

Established Member
That's movin. I laughed when I saw the one wheel peel but it still hooked up and went. Can't wait to see the full mods list.

GT40TH

Established Member
weird_kid_fap.gif

:rockon:

buddha93

Established Member
Which basically means it's running a 100-150 shot (and a tune to at least raise the rev limiter).

I can see the seats in the vid, so the interior isn't gutted.

Damn, I was really hoping it would be a full bolt-on car. No interest whatsoever in an otherwise stock car with NOS. Whats the point. May as well just run a 250 shot and be the "first Boss in the 9's".

So a NOS kit isn't a bolt-on? :dw:

Now tuning it to get it to run those kind of number is a different story........

However it was done, very cool.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

Well, technically it is a bolt-on, but it's forced induction. :shrug: I mean, technically a turbo kit bolts on, but I wouldn't call it a bolt-on car. :banana:

RTD

Established Member

Now tuning it to get it to run those kind of number is a different story........

However it was done, very cool.

There's a vid up of a stock Boss running 11.7 @ 117 on drag radials.

Not really seeing how installing NOS and running 9 tenths and 7 mph faster is all that big of a deal to be honest.

If they got that improvement with a CAI, tune, headers, x-pipe, THEN I'd be impressed.

buddha93

Established Member
There's a vid up of a stock Boss running 11.7 @ 117 on drag radials.

Not really seeing how installing NOS and running 9 tenths and 7 mph faster is all that big of a deal to be honest.

Then you haven't spent much time at the track with a 4000lb pig of a car.

Is it earth shattering? No, not really. But if you take in consideration that they can repeat this feat without breaking shit, it's a testament to how well the car is built and the tune.

Anytime you can take a mass produced car and run those numbers, it should make you take notice what the car companies are putting out and what the aftermarket companies can do with them.

RTD

Established Member
Then you haven't spent much time at the track with a 4000lb pig of a car.

Is it earth shattering? No, not really. But if you take in consideration that they can repeat this feat without breaking shit, it's a testament to how well the car is built and the tune.

Anytime you can take a mass produced car and run those numbers, it should make you take notice what the car companies are putting out and what the aftermarket companies can do with them.

The Boss weighs a hair over 3600 lbs, not 4000.

buddha93

Established Member
You are correct, as I had the Shelby curb weight on my brain, which is very close to that. However, I still stand behind my statements

TaraFirma

Established Member
SC, turbo, Nitrous, does not matter. A brand new boss with untouched internals ran in the 10's with what we are sure of is a modded tune and probably some sort of CAI.
Thats pretty damn sweet.

TVSCobra

Established Member
Nice, looks like this Boss doesn't have the Torsen diff, judging by the one wheel burnout. Traclock giving up..

Last edited:

TVSCobra

Established Member
then you haven't spent much time at the track with a 4000lb pig of a car.

this. +10000000000

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
88m@16psi and a 175 shot.

Wah wah, need a subscription to mm&ff to get this informationerrrrrrrrrtransformer.

Users who are viewing this thread