First big Mod

fredfred

Established Member
Well we started pulling the car apart yesterday. I am installing the Ford
Racing 624 Supercharger. It should finish up Wedensday. Than off to get
it tuned. The kit is going on with minor modifacations being done. Would say
this is not something I would try to do at home with out some serious tools.
Found out their are a few different items from the GT. All and all not to bad.
Will post up dyno numbers late next week.. I can't wait to get it done and
driving it.

While it's down will be getting the clutch taken care of.

For now I am stuck in a Fiat 500. I would never buy one of these cars..

fredfred

Established Member
Well I did not get my car on Friday. The tuner (Fast Lane) is still working with SCT getting the tune dialed in. Hopefully tomorrow I can pick it up.

fredfred

Established Member
I picked up my car today. What a difference. It has so much more power. I have him put a conservative tune for now. But still it's a beast. I will go back in a week to bring it back up to were it will stay. Right now it has 500 at the rear wheels. The tires brake loose so easy. Gong from 40 mph to 100 mph is so fast. It feels like a lot more than 500. Will let you know how the week goes. I am going to see how it does at the track Friday. Will see how it does. If anyone is thinking of doing you will not be disappointed..

NELCO

Established Member
I picked up my car today. What a difference. It has so much more power. I have him put a conservative tune for now. But still it's a beast. I will go back in a week to bring it back up to were it will stay. Right now it has 500 at the rear wheels. The tires brake loose so easy. Gong from 40 mph to 100 mph is so fast. It feels like a lot more than 500. Will let you know how the week goes. I am going to see how it does at the track Friday. Will see how it does. If anyone is thinking of doing you will not be disappointed..

Call, Van at revanracing.com 561-445-7702 and he will help you with traction mods. He is the best........................
Nelco:beer:

fredfred

Established Member
Well was able to go to the track Friday night.
I got three runs in.

1. 12.2 Wheels broke loose most of 2nd and 3rd.

2. Dropped air pressure to 16 psi ran a 11.7 could still feel the wheels brake loose.

3. dropped air pressure to 14 psi ran a 11.2 Shifting at 6800 rpm. tires still braking loose.

Running a Mickey Thompson drag radial. on a 17 Inch Drag star rim. (275/40/17)

Will be going again this Friday going to work more with air pressure and adjusting shift light.
Hopefully with my final tune..

J.Shoot

Established Member
Couple of Tips

Speaking from experience. Change the Upper and Lower control arms, that will reduce the wheel spin, put on a set of slicks, or at least et streets, it'll make a huge difference. Just my .02 cents.
Good Luck
The Boss's are awesome........
J.Shoot

Users who are viewing this thread