First AR! Good brand? Good deal?

Kevinbonds

Established Member
The PSA rifle deal is a good buy. Times have changed, and the consumer is the winner. PSA bought dc machine who makes good barrels. They also bought another machine shop and make all the hand guards and the uppers and Lowers.

They have a qc issue for time to time, but you cannot argue with the specs for a low cost AR. There barrelled uppers they sell now are 4150CMV nitride. The mlok handguards are made by them, and they use a standard barrel nut. For me, I believe you get what you pay for, however companies have invested heavily in their own machining and cut out the middle men can offer great prices.

Let’s be honest, if a factory has the capacity and buys the raw material in bulk, the prices you see now with $450 complete rifles from PSA are about what they should cost. PSA has no marketing expense, they literally just crank out ar parts all day long.

There are better options at a reasonable cost, however I truly do not see the need for a high dollar AR. Their are just too many companies making their own products at great prices to overpay for something due to the name.

Here is my advice. When PSA has a sale on complete lowers buy 4-5 or them. I have picked up complete lowers with magpul stock for as low as $120 shipped. Then when there is a sale on bolt carrier groups buy a few. This way you are prepared, and you can patiently wait for a great price on an upper you want and don’t have to deal with any FFl. I always buy a few lowers at a time because my dealer only charges me $25 no matter how many I transfer.

Just my .02

Users who are viewing this thread