MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I'm reading that some of you are holding out for (or hoping for) a blown version of the 5.2L voodoo. I highly doubt its gonna happen. The lead Ford engineer who designed the new GT350/R and the Voodoo 5.2L engine, Jamal Hameedi, said that the 5.2L Voodoo engine will never be used in any other Ford vehicle. They are doing this on purpose to have the cars hold value through uniqueness.

Nothing is ever 100% even if stated so, but since Jamal Hameedi is the Chief Engineer for SVT, I'd like to think his word would carry a little weight on the subject.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
I'm reading that some of you are holding out for (or hoping for) a blown version of the 5.2L voodoo. I highly doubt its gonna happen. The lead Ford engineer who designed the new GT350/R and the Voodoo 5.2L engine, Jamal Hameedi, said that the 5.2L Voodoo engine will never be used in any other Ford vehicle. They are doing this on purpose to have the cars hold value through uniqueness.

Nothing is ever 100% even if stated so, but since Jamal Hameedi is the Chief Engineer for SVT, I'd like to think his word would carry a little weight on the subject.

If it had a blower on it, technically it wouldn't be a Voodoo anymore. They can call it whatever they want.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
If it had a blower on it, technically it wouldn't be a Voodoo anymore. They can call it whatever they want.

True... Its all about money and if they think it will pay off, they could do anything. They played some games with the new 5.0. The engine in the current Mustang GT was actually designed in 2010. They called it the Road Runner in the Boss 302, but Coyote in the GT and the GT350. Same engine, 3 different intakes and tunes.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
5.2 has plasma liners

I could be wrong, but I thought after all the success they had with the 5.4L GT500 motor for the 2011 model year, starting in 2012 Ford was plasma lining all of their aluminum blocks to save weight and money compared to steel sleeves.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I could be wrong, but I thought after all the success they had with the 5.4L GT500 motor for the 2011 model year, starting in 2012 Ford was plasma lining all of their aluminum blocks to save weight and money compared to steel sleeves.

I thought the 5.0 still had traditional sleeves and the 5.8 and 5.2 had spray in.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Yea, could be that you are correct. Make sense to keep it for the high performance stuff where weight is more of a concern. It can't be cheap or fast compared to sleeves.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Its not cheap, or fast to do the plasma liner, from what I understand. They use it where they want extra displacement without reducing the wall thickness any further.

Users who are viewing this thread