Firewall Adjuster/Quadrant - Fiore or MM?

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Hi all. I'm looking to buy a firewall adjuster/clutch quadrant kit, and have heard more than enough good things about the Fiore Micro-Click set through word of mouth & using the search function.

I know Maximum Motorsports offers a full kit that includes their firewall adjuster, clutch quadrant, and new OEM clutch cable.

Now I wanted a new clutch cable just because the car is over 9 years old and would like to have a fresh one. Would it be best to get the stand-alone cable from MM and the Fiore adjuster kit, or get the whole cable/adjuster kit from MM? Basically, is the Fiore adjuster better than the MM adjuster?

I'm leaning towards the former, and I'm not concerned about the extra $50 it would cost, I just want the best kit. Thanks for any help & advice!

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
2 more questions. If going with the Fiore adjuster, is the kit with the Fiore quadrant or the Steeda quadrant better?

Also, would the LDC Freeplay mod be recommended? I'm going to assume yes. Thanks guys.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Can't help much on the Fiore adjuster and quadrant, I do have one but haven't installed yet. Now I'd do a search on the LDC freeplay mod as there's alot of mixed views on that. I'll be doing clutch,tob,26 spline input shaft,ect this spring and I'm NOT using the freeplay mod.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Can't help much on the Fiore adjuster and quadrant, I do have one but haven't installed yet. Now I'd do a search on the LDC freeplay mod as there's alot of mixed views on that. I'll be doing clutch,tob,26 spline input shaft,ect this spring and I'm NOT using the freeplay mod.

Why not freeplay mod, I'v heard good things:shrug: Whats the bad news?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Why not freeplay mod, I'v heard good things:shrug: Whats the bad news?

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/driveline-216/787262-ldc-free-play-mod-pros-cons.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ners-pedal-heigh-release-point-questions.html

IDk I've done alot of searching and it seems some member have removed it as many state the TOB should be moving at all times, and this can prevent that? Also many say that a clutch job installed correctly should NOT need this mod. Some also complain of a stiff pedal feel after its installed.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/driveline-216/787262-ldc-free-play-mod-pros-cons.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ners-pedal-heigh-release-point-questions.html

IDk I've done alot of searching and it seems some member have removed it as many state the TOB should be moving at all times, and this can prevent that? Also many say that a clutch job installed correctly should NOT need this mod. Some also complain of a stiff pedal feel after its installed.

Thanks for the links bud:beer: Suppose I'll skip this mod as well.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
Definitely the Fiore firewall adjuster.
On the quadrant, there are 2 basic choices, standard and QR. The Fiore is a single hook. MM has a double hook and UPR has a triple hook. They all work the same way and all of these are of the standard ramp type. The number of hook points is more of a gimmick.
The QR type has a steeper ramp, so for x" movement at the pedal, you'll get more movement at the clutch arm than you will with a standard ramp quadrant. Some prefer this QR, especially when racing.
As far as the Freeplay Spring, that's a controversy. I have one and have my TOB adjusted so it only spins when the pedal is pushed in. I have been running this setup for a while. In the past, I always allowed some free play and my TOBs lasted as long as my clutch did. On my 03 oem setup, the TOB Retainer Tube broke before my TOB or clutch wore out. You can go either way, but if you are still on your OEM Retainer Tube, that will be your weakest link.
Good luck.

TRBO VNM

The nexst setup I do for someone, I want to try the MM quadrant. I love the fiore adjuster and will continue using it, but MM claims their quadrant design is better and I would like to try it out.

The LDC freeplay kit, I use it and like it and most of my customers do as well. I don't get caught up in the TOB not making contact or making contact. I put it all together and then set the clutch pedal engagement point how I like it or how the customer likes it and then I am done. Most of the time the TOB is riding on the pp a little bit. the freeplay kit for me just makes sure the clutch fork is pushed back as far as it can go while my foot is off the clutch. It may help relieve a little pressure from the TOB/pp contact or it may not. Either way, been using the fiore/UPR triple hook on every car and it just works. I have seen other people with the single hook have cable adjustment issues.

Ironhand

Banned
I really like my Fiore. Not sure if it can get much better. Fairly simple design.

I also tried the Fiore and a single hook quadrant and it wouldnt work. With the triple hood and the Fiore its a perfect combination.

Users who are viewing this thread