Firewall Adj & Clutch Quad.will it void warranty?

03CobraCCC

Wheaton Warbird!
Established Member
Will an aftermarket clutch quadrant and firewall adjust void the 03's factory 12 mo. unlimited warranty on the stock clutch/flywheel?

My concern is that i keep feelin my clutch lose its grip but when adjusted it regains its bite, but soon wears off and need readjustment. My fear is that if i get the adjuster and quadrant and it still does not solve the problem because of a bad clutch and try to get it replaced they will say no.....or should i just wait :gt: till winter for a new clutch and possible flywheel and then get adjuster and quadrant?

any help/info is greatly greatly appreciated!!!

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I would bring it to the dealer and *try* to have them fix it. If they can't put on the quadrant. Atleast if they try to say it caused it, you have it documented that the problems were happening prior to the quandrant install.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
the rule of thumb is that any subsystem you modify, you void the warrantee on. modify the clutch subsystem and expect related parts to no longer be covered. if you misadjust it and smoke the flywheel for some reason, why is that ford's problem? it all depends on what mood your service writer is in when you bring the car in for repair....

Users who are viewing this thread