Firehawk attacks snake!

shortmarty

Established Member
while riding around with a good friend of mine yesterday in the COBRA, We were swooped down on by what he identified as a FIREHAWK ,HE said it was 1993-1998 version of the Pontiac Firebird Firehawk ,as a Firehawk and COBRA are natural born enemies it caused the COBRA TO STRIKE BACK. After a short drafting session from the COBRA until a passing lane came up ,The FIREHAWK had FANG MARKS, AND was appearing smaller and smaller in the mirrow.Firehawk learned YES IT IS A REAL COBRA, NOT JUST YOUR BARN YARD CHICKEN SNAKE.

riocobra97

SVT is Life
Established Member
I feel like I just read a script from the discovery channel. Good kill, I think:shrug:

If I mentally read this with an Australian accent will it make more sense?:poke:

F8l Vnm

Established Member
nice kill...sounds like a lowly LT1 or even LS1 got handeled..The Firehawk was another SS or just another version of the same F body car..Same motor and rates pretty much all the same .

bullitt2735

Established Member
just fyi

Firehawks were a dealer option at pontiac made by SLP they had either 300hp (Lt1) or 330hp(Lt4 and probably the most rare f-body i think only 30 or so were made)stock

nice kill btw, and yes i picture Steve Irwin saying it to

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Man, I used to love the older Firehawks. The LT4 ones were super rare.

97fk16.3.jpg

:bowdown: :rockon: :bowdown:

My buddy had an 02 Firehawk which was awesome too.

[youtube_browser]_5PUNgQJ3pM[/youtube_browser]

It only had bolt-ons though. :banana:

NightmareTA

Established Member
just fyi

Firehawks were a dealer option at pontiac made by SLP they had either 300hp (Lt1) or 330hp(Lt4 and probably the most rare f-body i think only 30 or so were made)stock

nice kill btw, and yes i picture Steve Irwin saying it to

I had a 2000 hawk a few years ago. They got much less rare as they went up in years. The 92 3rd gen firehawk was by far the most rare one made (25 total) and def the original and still the best. It had an aluminum headed "T-ram" equipped 350 engine that made 350 HP and had a 6 speed manual tranny with a dana 44 rear axle. Every firehawk after that was just a rebadged TA with a few aftermarket goodies here and there. Cool car to own but no faster than your average trans am or camaro ss.

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Every firehawk after that was just a rebadged TA with a few aftermarket goodies here and there. Cool car to own but no faster than your average trans am or camaro ss.

That's not entirely true man. The Firehawk I posted above is a 1997 LT-4, and only 29 of them were produced. :beer: It had all the goodies like a lightened driveshaft, beefed up rear, torsen diff, etc, etc.

usmc320

Established Member
Modded 04 Cobra vs an LT1 F-body isn't a good race by any means. Good kill though.

Users who are viewing this thread