Firearms in house

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
You can get a 12v power supply that plugs in the socket on the side for under $15 on Amazon. Don't rely on the batteries except for backup.
Yes, thanks! This one that just arrived, has the power cord. I just dont have a plug near by. I like the more hard wired approach this one has, to avoid problems you know could happen.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Blown 89

Established Member
My philosophy on home defense is that in the event that an intruder is armed it is most likely with a handgun. So why would I make it a fair fight and only arm myself with a handgun? So I keep an AR within reach. Also, ditch the light as it gives away your position. You will have a tactical advantage as you know the layout while an intruder will not.
I agree with keeping an AR within reach. Reason being, they're easier to suppress, easier to hit targets, and are more likely to stop the threat.

Your advice on flashlights however, not so great.

JimCSHO

Established Member
Go to a range with a variety of rental guns. Try them out and see what feels comfortable when you shoot it. Lots of guns might feel good in the store but when you shoot it you find out it isn't comfortable for you.

The best gun for you is the one that feels good in your hand and you are comfortable shooting it. What works for someone else may not work for you.

Users who are viewing this thread