Fire!

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
it looks pretty smokey at santa susana still but the fireplanes are out in force. glad to hear things are ok insomniac, sonic_blur and jh. :thumbsup: hopefully it stays that way.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Re: wheres rubin?

Originally posted by amwalker
rubin lives up near porter ranch...how are you doin bro???

just saw a live shot from porter ranch. it looks like lafd and cdf are using it as a command center and refuel area for the helicopters. no smoke in the immediate center so that's good.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Re: Re: wheres rubin?

Originally posted by FuShnickens
just saw a live shot from porter ranch. it looks like lafd and cdf are using it as a command center and refuel area for the helicopters. no smoke in the immediate center so that's good.

:eek:

Good cause thats were i saw alot of freaking smoke from :eek:

Also going down Balboa i saw a big water dropping plane picking up water from the fake lake on Balboa....hope that did the trick.

InS0mNiAc

Just call me Lucifer
Established Member
All is good here right now, the sky is even blue at the momment. I'm more worried about the fire going on near lake arrowhead right now, if that fire gets into rim forest than that whole area is toast and I have quite a few friends up there who probably aren't going to get back to their houses....Looks like I'll be missing class today to help some friends and family evacuate from their homes since I have a truck. This sure does suck....

Andorion

ÆNIMAL
Established Member
Fired jumped the 18, they're callin for an evacuation of the entire mountain... looks like Arrowhead's as good as gone, and Big Bear is in immediate danger.

=( Damn.

I'm glad everyone's doing ok!!!

~Berj

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by InS0mNiAc
All is good here right now, the sky is even blue at the momment. I'm more worried about the fire going on near lake arrowhead right now, if that fire gets into rim forest than that whole area is toast and I have quite a few friends up there who probably aren't going to get back to their houses....Looks like I'll be missing class today to help some friends and family evacuate from their homes since I have a truck. This sure does suck....

We are thinking about you -- take care.
JW

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
looks like the whole mountaintop is being evacuated now. :( the coverage of lake arrowhead was pretty depressing - the whole area was in smoke. homeowners have been having the bark beetle infested trees removed throughout the summer so hopefully having less fuel will help. :(

on a lighter note, i heard that quite a few of the crestline residents were hanging out at the stockade (biker-type bar near lake gregory) getting drunk yesterday.

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
Glar to hear all the little snakes are tucked away safely in their holes.
I'm sickened about the folks who lost their lives and homes. Saddened about all those dead oaks and pines. I spent a great part of my youth working ski patrol in the San Gabes and San Berdoos. Got to know every majestic tree. I love our firefighters and I'm proud to see my firetruicks doin their thing every time I turn on the TV.
Now it's time for "Forrest Management". Clear out every 3rd. tree. Loggers bid for the contracts with $ going to Dept. of Forrestry. Clean, clear, safe forrests. I/3 less tress fighting for water (draught you know), easier to control fires. Less property and lives lost. Oh ...by the way ...idea comes from our "anti inviroment" President Bush.

kobra01

Established Member
If you find yourself in the area of the Staples Center today, please try to stop by and make a donation to help out the people effected by the fires.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
EarthQuake :eek:

Dude its the end of the world......must hire a Hooka tonight :(

Nah Jokes asside now Allan is like 25 or 30 miles away from a fire :nonono:

WTF!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread