FIRE (Financially Independent Retire Early)

VegasMichael

Established Member
Get your pilots license and start working up to higher ratings and fly people around privately. Excellent money to be made and you get to travel for free.
Seems time consuming and expensive to get licensed. Probably not wise since mandatory retirement is 65 from what I've heard.

IA Shelby

Established Member
My buddy does that. He was a 3rd generation green house owner, sold the family business and started flying at 30 years old. Now he's 46, flies private jets and just bought a 2.5 million dollar home, has a new vette, New mustang with a whipple, and has a $200k turbo Porsch on order. I would say he's doing OK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I work for a large company. We have two private jets that we use for business travel. We require two pilots for every flight. I know they do “pretty well” but they are not racking up toys like your buddy is. Are you sure all he is transporting is passengers…

Adower

Established Member
My wife’s cousin is 20 years old and has his pilots license. He recently did some crop spraying last summer and made like 75k working only a few months. A few people in our family have been talking about funneling money to buy a plane and start a business and have him do the crop dusting. We thought about investing but it’s totally foreign to me.

Adower

Established Member
I work for a large company. We have two private jets that we use for business travel. We require two pilots for every flight. I know they do “pretty well” but they are not racking up toys like your buddy is. Are you sure all he is transporting is passengers…
I could have swore I saw that pilots at larger companies such as delta or southwest get paid near 200k on average and up to 400k. I bet flying private pays very well.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member

I don't know what he makes but this is pretty typical of what he flies.
78658c5a954db8589297cc2d1848c3ac.jpg

IA Shelby

Established Member
I don't know what he makes but this is pretty typical of what he flies.
78658c5a954db8589297cc2d1848c3ac.jpg
Very similar to the jets we have. More power to him if he can command big cash. Maybe he is flying Streisand around instead of a regular joe like me.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
34 right now and planning on retiring out of the military at my 20yr mark.. So I'll be 37 almost 38yo.. Been consumer debt free for almost 4yrs.. Working on paying off what's left on my house.. At that point I'll be able to live off my pension and VA disability. I'll likely keep detailing vehicles for my business because I enjoy doing it not because I have to. I'll continue to max out mine and my wifey's Roth's until I decide to start drawing from them. Tackling my mortgage takes time but steady extra payments and being intentional.

03CRUSHER

Established Member
Premium Member
Nope. Haven’t talked to either one in over 12 years…..

Gotta love the “mommy daddy” shit. 83% of millionaires are self-made.

Good for you man! That is what entrepreneurial dreams are made of. How exciting.

4.698gt

Established Member
I feel as though I live within my means, started my 401k at 22ish during the housing crash, pumped extra money into stock accounts/401k during the covid crash. Take advantage of those recessions if possible. It's currently close to 200k at 36 years old. Increase 1 percent each year to say I added, could probably do more if I cut back here and there. Make what I feel is a modest 65k/year in retail with quarterly bonuses.
Wouldn't be where I am without questioning the hell out of my grandfather when I was younger though. He retired early to take care of my mother/aunts when my grandmother passed at an early age. Played the markets to make a monthly income.

Users who are viewing this thread