Finished the Mach 1 (mild tune) Performance Dyno Pete is the best!

My2003Mach1

Established Member
video added Finished the Mach 1 (mild tune) Performance Dyno Pete is the best!

just wanted to share with you all....

I been away with work the last few months. So getting the Mach 1's problems worked out took some time.

The last few times that I went up to see Pete, though my Mach 1 put down some respectable numbers (734 rwhp/758rwhp) we had some hiccups with belt slip, intake tube not staying on under pressure, 105lb injectors that were ordered that didn't work at all and having to put the 80lb injectors back in, had to change the water pump and the thump RRR tensioner because i broke it during one of the tunes.
Another issue was over spinning my F1-A thanks to procharger for telling me that the 3.4 pulley was a perfect fit for my combo. I had to send the head unit back to procharger for a seal replacement.

All that crap straighten out...

Last night I headed up to New Hampshire to see Pete... Pete said it wasn't a good night to be dynoing because of the air/moisture..

With the new bosch 105 injectors and "correct" uscar adapters in.. (contact me if anyone needs info on which ones are correct before wasting money)

Pete programed the car for the injectors to work and to get the Mach running...

Pete got it on the dyno.. and after some adjustments and a couple short dyno pulls Pete held on tight as the Mach put down 787rwhp with 20lb boost (on the second pull) and on the 3rd and final pull with 17.5 degrees timing 20lbs boost the Mach 1 ripped up the dyno with an 809 rwhp (corrected sunny day and dryer air 828 rwhp)

Dyno sheet....

I'll be posting video seen here

2003 Mach 1 F1-A Procharged 809 RWHP 698 RWTQ - YouTube

Thanks for reading :beer:

Last edited:

RISaleen281

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Glad to see you got it straightened out!!

What are you using for a tensioner now?

About a month ago I installed a Thump and within minutes it sounded like someone was using a die grinder in the garage. The pulley on the tensioner was scrapping against the arm on the tensioner. I ate the labor on install and removal but ended up getting a refund from Thump on the tensioner. Sucks that is the only one available for my car (single bolt), since I would like to have had that upgrade.

My2003Mach1

Established Member
Glad to see you got it straightened out!!

What are you using for a tensioner now?

About a month ago I installed a Thump and within minutes it sounded like someone was using a die grinder in the garage. The pulley on the tensioner was scrapping against the arm on the tensioner. I ate the labor on install and removal but ended up getting a refund from Thump on the tensioner. Sucks that is the only one available for my car (single bolt), since I would like to have had that upgrade.

I had them replace it and its working great now.....

My2003Mach1

Established Member
Thanks everyone I very much appreciate your good thoughts

As for the mods

Yes def E85 .... I have a boss big bore iron block .20 over (5.3) cams, heads and as mentioned above F1-A ( so much more to list )

I agree Pete is the shit! He's damn funny too He was just as excited as I was...

I'll head back up for a Dyno day... And would like to head back up to get a couple 93 and methanol tunes and just straight 93.

I took the Mach out for a short ride this evening and it was so relaxing!!
Hoping to meet up with a few of you all for a cruis or hang out soon.

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Congrats man thats some healthy numbers you got there for sure. I also agree, Pete is great, got the Bullitt tuned up for the turbo but just like you the intake tube keeps blowing off haha.

My2003Mach1

Established Member
Congrats man thats some healthy numbers you got there for sure. I also agree, Pete is great, got the Bullitt tuned up for the turbo but just like you the intake tube keeps blowing off haha.

yeah .. i was thinking of making a bracket that allows me to bolt it to the Throttle body... in a couple of spots....

Any Ideas yourself?

Users who are viewing this thread