Finished the KB install and tune...couple of ????'s

1bad_stang

*BAR-NONE*
Established Member
Well i got done with KB install and im pretty happy. The car put down 591hp but only 523lbs of torque?? I dont know why my torque is so low, but my main question is......before the install of everything kb, pumps, injectors, etc.....my car sometimes had the hesitation issue. Now after the install my car really hesitates BAD. Did the bigger pumps amplify my PPRV problem? Is it gonna hurt my car driving and racing until i can do the pprv delete? Which will be ASAP.

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
It wont "hurt" your car but by adding all the HP goodies, it contributed to more PPRV hesitation. My car with my Whipple set-up does the same thing and I still dont have the PPRV delete kit yet.

04cobra13

Established Member
you need that pprv deleted asap! Had the car pulleyed and tuned and had hesitation, pprv deleted and no more hesitation....good luck!

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
As time progresses it seems like tuners are getting better with tuning the hesitation out but usually it will not completely go away. If you do the delete be sure to use 30r10 fuel inj hose and SS clamps or just buy the kit from Lethal. Your torque is a bit low because you are not really spinning that KB like it should for high hp/tq #'s. My torque increased by 102tq with 4 more lbs of boost (17psi-21psi) while my hp increased about 60ish+. Boost that KB up like it was designed for and you'll see a tremendous increase of hp/tq numbers. :)

1bad_stang

*BAR-NONE*
Established Member
As time progresses it seems like tuners are getting better with tuning the hesitation out but usually it will not completely go away. If you do the delete be sure to use 30r10 fuel inj hose and SS clamps or just buy the kit from Lethal. Your torque is a bit low because you are not really spinning that KB like it should for high hp/tq #'s. My torque increased by 102tq with 4 more lbs of boost (17psi-21psi) while my hp increased about 60ish+. Boost that KB up like it was designed for and you'll see a tremendous increase of hp/tq numbers. :)
Thanks, I'm ordering the PPRV delete kit from Lethal.....and I guess its a phone call to KB to get a 21lb pulley!!:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread