Finding tires

03terminat0r

Established Member
I have 305, 555R's on right now. I'm looking for a street tire in 315 or 335 for an 18inch wheel. I realize how hard it is to find street tires that big with that diameter but I like the look. Does anyone know some good street tires or any at all that meet those measurements. Ill always have a set of DR's but I need some street tires for now.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I have 305, 555R's on right now. I'm looking for a street tire in 315 or 335 for an 18inch wheel. I realize how hard it is to find street tires that big with that diameter but I like the look. Does anyone know some good street tires or any at all that meet those measurements. Ill always have a set of DR's but I need some street tires for now.

Toyo*Proxes R888

BFGoodrich*g-Force T/A KDW 2

JesseSVTJames

Established Member
After winter I am going to put on a set of Toyo R888s for the street. I have heard nothing but good things about them! Have KDW2s now not too shabby either!

EDIT: Damn it. Look at those post times ^^^^

Good picks Booky

Last edited:

03terminat0r

Established Member
Are the R888's decent in rain? Ill probably end up with the Goodrich tires. $$

Last edited:

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Are the R888's decent in rain? Ill probably end up with the Goodrich tires. $$

I just drove about 80 miles in the rain the other day with the 335/30/18 R888's and had no problems at all.

valliv

Established Member
I loved my r888s. They are not the best in the rain so be careful. I had a 500whp vette that I daily drove and had them on there for about 2 years. Great tires for power. The toyo RA1s are a little better for rain. Drive smart and brake early and accelerate slow and you will be good to go

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I loved my r888s. They are not the best in the rain so be careful. I had a 500whp vette that I daily drove and had them on there for about 2 years. Great tires for power.

Compared to the ET Street their the best thing since sliced bread!:D

Aubz

Established Member
i got stuck in the rain twice in the past 3 weeks with r888's, like said just drive carefully and you'll be fine. I didn't go into boost at all but had no problem with sliding or spinning.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I havn't tried the R888's but I just put on MT's and drove them today and all I have to say is WOW!!! If you don't have to worry about rain these are it! I want to try the NT05R's as well to compare but my next tire will be between those to and will depend on what price I find.

Users who are viewing this thread