Financing Options??

WastedGate

Established Member
Hey Guys,

Anyone got any option on a financial institution that will finance a 2003 model, it seems that all the banks I look at offer models down to 2004. I am in the market for an 03/04 cobra but with all of the banks I see going only down to 04 its literally cutting my options in half. Thanks for the input guys...

Marcus

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
Even most credit unions have a set limit on the oldest model year they will accept for a autoloan. You might need to look at getting a personal loan instead.

s_x_i

Established Member
There's a ton of 3rd tier lenders that will finance older cars, but you'll have to pay out the ass for interest.

I would try a relationship with a local bank or credit union and see if you can get an 03 squeezed in. 7 years old is normally the cutoff point for most main street lenders.

99BOSS

Established Member
State Farm wont go back that far. I tried them when I bought my 99 Saleen and I have had insurance through them for 20 yrs. I know some on here have had good luck with credit unions. I had to do the personal loan route through a car guy banker lol.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Even most credit unions have a set limit on the oldest model year they will accept for a autoloan. You might need to look at getting a personal loan instead.

I would try a relationship with a local bank or credit union and see if you can get an 03 squeezed in. 7 years old is normally the cutoff point for most main street lenders.

Actually, what is needed is a credit union that uses the CPI book. The Cobras are listed in that book going back quite a ways. CPI stands for Cars of Particular Interest. My credit union will loan 100% of the purchase price if bought from a dealer and if it is listed in the CPI. Don't even bother with a Bank.

+1. I've had good luck with Penfed.
PenFed has a horrid rep on the internet. and has been discussed a number of times on here. I would not go to penfed or send anyone I cared about to penfed. you got lucky.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I just did an auto loan search through my CT Auto Club (AAA) for a 2003 Cobra with 20K miles and an assumed credit rating of 720. Only a 2-year load is available and it from a local credit union at 6.68%. So this tells me that you should be able to at least get a 2-year loan and that you are best off with a credit union vs. trying to get a bank loan.

I don't know if you have to be a AAA member to use their auto loan services. If you're a member, for sure go to their website and you can enter the car info and the site will search out their participating lenders for applicable loans.

WastedGate

Established Member
thanks for all the info guys, I guess I will be hitting up the local credit union and try to get a membership deal going on. Do the usually let you go in the CR and get a loan relativly quickly after becoming a member?

Users who are viewing this thread