finaly had my car on a dyno

einzatgroupen

03 cobra
Established Member
I had the day off today. so i went to new england dyno and tuning, my cobra made 393 Rwhp, with 363 Rwtq with only a slp cat back. i was wondering if any one else had dyno'd their 03-04 cobra stock or lightly modded. just trying to see if the numbers are right or if the dyno is off. thanks

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That just a bit above the average with a catback only. Bone stock Cobras average 365-370. Some have been as high as 395. Lowest I've seen is 340. When and if you re-tune it you'll see a nice gain. Any plans for the future?

einzatgroupen

03 cobra
Established Member
Sonic03inSC said:
399RWHP with Bassani cat-back only.
What was the temp, and the a/f ratio during the runs? mine was like 83 degres out, with 23 % humidity and was a little rich at the top end. just wondering about how much i might have left on the rollers. cobras are the best :rockon:

einzatgroupen

03 cobra
Established Member
CobraBob said:
That just a bit above the average with a catback only. Bone stock Cobras average 365-370. Some have been as high as 395. Lowest I've seen is 340. When and if you re-tune it you'll see a nice gain. Any plans for the future?
definetly plan on doing a tune soon thanks for all the replies so far guys just looking to pick some brains for info

Sonic03inSC

Established Member
Smokin03svt said:
What was the temp, and the a/f ratio during the runs? mine was like 83 degres out, with 23 % humidity and was a little rich at the top end. just wondering about how much i might have left on the rollers. cobras are the best :rockon:
Temp was 75 with 65 % humidity
A/F was mid to low 11 but dipped into the 10's @ 5500 rpms

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
Just went to the dyno today at JDM. Just a K&N. Numbers are to the wheels.

HP - 392.18
TQ - 376.46
A/F - 14.5 @ 2300 RPM 11 @ 6000 RPM

Is this Good?

DSG2003

Established Member
Do you have a tune traktrbeam? Most 03's fall off the chart on the A/F. I gained 31 rwhp with my catback. So these cars love a bigger exhaust.

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
03PSI said:
Do you have a tune traktrbeam? Most 03's fall off the chart on the A/F. I gained 31 rwhp with my catback. So these cars love a bigger exhaust.
Yeah It looks like the A/F disappeared round 10.5- 10. Is that bad? Guy said I an running really rich. Is that a bad thing? No, no tune.

Last edited:

GTtoSVT

Established Member
Good Post

I was gonna make a separate post but this one saves me the time. I just got my 1st car dyno about 2 hours ago, very hot and humid 91 degrees, typical fla day.

It was bone stock and I added Borla Stinger Catback and K&N FIPK2 and I did back to back runs on a dynojet.

SAE 411 rwhp 370 torque

I was very pleased, car runs great now and no tuning was performed.

Hope this helps

Brian

2003 Black Cobra Coupe :-D

einzatgroupen

03 cobra
Established Member
thanks for all the info on your cars. looking at everyones #'s, it seems like my tourque numbers are low. i have been trying to get a late night session in on the dyno, hoping that the cold air and low humiditiy will aid in my search for more power. just need the ok from the owner and the right night.

Thanks, Matt

Users who are viewing this thread