Finaly got a 12.840!!!

Since 1964

Established Member
You couldn't ask for better race day at RT 66. I got off my best run of 12.840 @ 109.60. 2.017 60' and I cut an .090 light. Car was just approaching warm when I ran at about 79 degrees 30-40% humidity.

Too bad that run was with an 02 SS Camaro that whipped me with a 12.419 @ 110.00 1.884 60' (he had drag radials). The Camaro cut a .226 light.

I usually whip 02 SS's by 1/2 a second easily so I know this car had some work done to it, OR, he can drive, but think the car had more power than driver skill. Because I want to.

I think I got it now, and I think 12.5's are just one more day away.

:lol: :beer: :lol:

702lightning

Sck Snake
Established Member
Congrats on the new time. Only imagine if you had some drag tires. Good bye Chevy. Awsome time!:beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congrats on the new time! And what a light you cut. Awesome. Now add a mod or two and whoop up on that (modded) Camaro. :)

BmxBlaster

Established Member
NICE JOB SINCE1964.... is the cobra bone stock or you have some nice mods done to it ? how did you leave to get ur 2.0 60ft.... im lookin for some new methods so im interested i ran once and i been cutting 2.2's.... i have been brining it to about 1500 and just riding it out al ittle bit seems to work good as far as no wheel hop and no spinning but i need to cut it down to a least a 2.0 or 1.9 thanks!!

Since 1964

Established Member
Thank you all. I went 3 times last year and got 13 runs. This year I went 6 times and got 27 runs. I will spare you all crap and get right to the point.

I have a K&N air filter because I just don't like all that blower sound and I can't tell the difference in an actual CAI vs K&N in factory housing. I also have the FRP500 cat back and that's all.

353RWH (at a Vette shop, were they freaked last June) bone stock, 401 w/K&N & CatBack. (Not bad eh)

I learned to launch at anywhere from 2800-3200 and I can get the clutch out quickly without spinning or bogging or FINALY,,,slipping the clutch into a hot waist of time. I am shocked it took me so long to learn.
I use 42lbs in the front tires and 25 in the rears, I haven't gone lower yet, and I don't think I NEED to but hey, if I get the time I'll try it. I use Firestone FZ50's, and yes I think they are better than F1's. I DON'T leave my foot down to shift, but I am tempted, and I have a few times with no real results I could appreciate. It was hot out though and my clutch was hot so no barks or nothing (maybe I need a new one).

60' times have varied like crazy, I get 1.9's SOME times & 2.05's a lot, and now that I've learned it's going to get better. I'm thinking consistant 1.8-1.9's will be easy.

I am having a ball, kicked a lot of good ass out there, and as you can see got it handed to me also. It costs a fortune to get an SS to whip me, so I have to be respectable when one does so well, but I usually eat the General's right up. I love when they out run me to almost the very end and the the SNAKE BITES!!! They get sssoooo mad when they read the slip and see a loss by like .26, or how about a .009.
I am hoping for 12.5's before the year is out.

I asked, but I never saw too much detail about HOW to DRAG this car, well now you know. It's totaly different on the street, you don't hook, he don't hook, after the hook, we're gone, they cry, every time last year, but nobody has tried this year, I guess the word is out. I may not be able to get 12.3's, but it sure is nice to use it out here, don't you agree? Best car I ever bought even if it "USED TO BE" a bitch to hook up.

:lol: :beer: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread