Finally Twin Screwed! HellCat...

Jefe

Established Member
I sold the Cobra in early 2015 but always wanted a KB on it. I had the SRT Jeep for 9 months and just got bored. Its quick but it didn't have any cojones after 60mph. I wasn't a fan of the Challenger so I traded it in on a Charger Hellcat last week. Had it shipped Friday from TN and it was in AZ Sunday morning.

nblsxpdw38jagmdzg.jpg

Jeep is headed to Columbia, TN

s95aseogvzs1db1zg.jpg

Its a slightly used 2015 in Phantom Black TriCoat. They only made 1,334 Charger Hellcats globally in 2015 and only 841 in the US. 162 were made in this color. It has the brass monkey wheels, harmon kardon stereo, sunroof, Scandinavian laguna leather seats and red belts. Narrowing it down by those options, there are only 4 or 5 2015 Chargers spec'd like this one in existence. They made over 4,000 globally in 2016

u5cyd4ganffknbazg.jpg

2chadai5agzwxn96g.jpg

dksjqfyfe0d2zy56g.jpg

ZF 8 speed automatic with paddle shifters and each shift takes just 160ms. 370ci, 6.2L motor with a 2.4L IHI twinscrew supercharger. Rated at 707hp & 650tq but they are closer to 800 crank hp. I got 17mpg on the way to work today and it gets 23mpg highway

More on the powerplant: http://wardsauto.com/technology/hemi-hellcat-engine-fully-loaded
Every minute, the blower moves 6,810 gallons (30,000 liters) of air. If you are sitting in an office 10 ft. by 13 ft. with a standard 9 ft. ceiling, it would empty that office of air in one minute

7670h7t5i8925pa6g.jpg

Truly a work of art

engine-2.jpg

nx5tamrt93vb0k86g.jpg

MG0h3

Established Member
Cool man! If I got one it would be a charger as well. Not because its more practical but I just think they look way sharper than the challenger.

How are you liking it so far?

G-STANG

Established Member
Congrats on the Hellcat. You are right, you don't see many with the dark broze wheels. My uncle has a 2015 in Jazz blue pearl with the laguna leather and the dark bronze forged wheels. I have never seen one in his colour and combo. Would have taken a pic but my phone died at the worst time. Wish he lived closer so I could race him in my coupe even though he would destroy me.

Way2QWK

Established Member
Excellent choice...I also am thinking of one...friend of mine just bought a 16 hellcat challenger which I've driven several times and am hooked. Would make a perfect daily. Since I cant buy one outright I'd have to sell my mustang and Buick and I just dont think I can.
Have fun with it!

Jefe

Established Member
Cool man! If I got one it would be a charger as well. Not because its more practical but I just think they look way sharper than the challenger.

How are you liking it so far?
Ya I agree. The Challenger has a great front end but thats about all I like.

The Charger is absolutely incredible. Gobs of power even at half throttle. I need to air the tires down as I'm getting some wheel hop. In 8th gear you cant even tell youre sitting behind an 800hp monster. It cruises so casually and a split second later your face is glued to the headrest
Congrats on the Hellcat. You are right, you don't see many with the dark broze wheels. My uncle has a 2015 in Jazz blue pearl with the laguna leather and the dark bronze forged wheels. I have never seen one in his colour and combo. Would have taken a pic but my phone died at the worst time. Wish he lived closer so I could race him in my coupe even though he would destroy me.
I wanted the Jazz Blue bad but they only made 36 so they are few and far between

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats! Beastly cars for sure. I had the pleasure of seeing one on the road last year and it was beautiful. The supercharger whine alone is awesome.
I drive by a home in my my neighborhood where I see one everyday. Looks like a 2016 in Black, not sure which black though. Looks killer and mean.
Enjoy.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I didn't realize these were a factory twin screw, I thought it was a TVS like the camaro or GT500? Granted, not the exact same blower, but design wise.

2011fiveliter

Established Member
I traded in my twin screw 5.0 on a 2016 hellcat challenger. A8. Amazing cars. Put a set of MT ET s/s 275/40r20 radials. Went to track and popped off a 10.91@130mph very 1st pass.

U will be very satified with ur purchase.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Very cool. I saw my very first HC in person at a little shop in Prague this past weekend. I love the four door look, but can't part with the Shelby. Congrats!

19935.slow

Established Member
My friend bought the same combo, the only difference is the seat belts, but even then I might be wrong. I can't remember because I was having so much fun driving it. He picked it up in Kansas City and drove it back to Orlando. I have nothing bad to say about it after driving it.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
i always loved seeing charger hellcats when one of my buddies sold them i prefer them over a challenger. Plum purple hellcat is soon sexy. nice pick up OP!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I traded in my twin screw 5.0 on a 2016 hellcat challenger. A8. Amazing cars. Put a set of MT ET s/s 275/40r20 radials. Went to track and popped off a 10.91@130mph very 1st pass.

U will be very satified with ur purchase.

amazing for sure.

OP great looking car! Its crazy what has happened to the HC prices lately. Locally here in SoCal many dealers are selling new cars for $6-8k off msrp which is insane.

If you work hard enough you can get a new one for under $60k before fees/taxes.

Might be the time to get in!

Jefe

Established Member
Thanks guys! Its amazing how little throttle it needs to spin the tires.
I didn't realize these were a factory twin screw, I thought it was a TVS like the camaro or GT500? Granted, not the exact same blower, but design wise.
Ya 2.4L twin screw made by IHI Turbo America in Shelbyville, IL. They also make the AMG superchargers and Mercury Marine applications

11.6 pounds of boost stock but Ive seen some in the low 20s.

http://www.enginelabs.com/news/hellcat-hemi-chief-engineer-provides-engine-details/

Air is drawn through a grille-mounted Air Catcher inlet port to a twin-inlet, 8-liter air box before it’s directed to the 92mm throttle body — the largest in Chrysler engine inventory. A large nose piece in front of the supercharger spreads out the air to the supercharger inlet. The twin rotors (3-lobe male, 5-lobe female) are a helical design and compress the air through an outlet on top and to the rear of the supercharger housing into a common plenum.

Separate integral charge coolers are mounted on each side of the supercharger and are designed to reduce the inlet air temperature from around 210 degrees F as it leaves the supercharger to 145 degrees F before entering the cylinder heads.

The supercharger is driven 2.36:1 over the engine crank speed, resulting in the low-speed rotor turning a maximum of 14,500 and the high-speed rotor spinning as high as 24,000 rpm.

DaBigBone

Established Member
Grats! Love it. I'd have a tough time deciding on the Challenger or the Charger.. Luckily I don't have the money to worry about that choice lol

Users who are viewing this thread