Finally took my 04 Cobra to the track

96svtcobra1

Established Member
Haven't been down a track in about 8 years. But Saturday night my car club went. 1/8 mile track.
7.88 at 90.7 with a 1.87 60ft. on my first pass. (first pass ever with this car too)
8.03 at 90.1 with a 1.95 60ft on the second pass. Lowered air pressure to 16lbs but after an hour delay I think they were just too cold so I spun coming out.
Can't wait to go back for more practice. I know the car has more in it!:)

96svtcobra1

Established Member
About the same as you. 2.76, SBTB, CAI, HE, 63lb injectors,JBA Mid length headers, O/R X pipe, Ford cat back, Mafia, IRS braces, custom tune. 477hp, 488tq.

tombo9876

Established Member
Haven't been down a track in about 8 years. But Saturday night my car club went. 1/8 mile track.
7.88 at 90.7 with a 1.87 60ft. on my first pass. (first pass ever with this car too)
8.03 at 90.1 with a 1.95 60ft on the second pass. Lowered air pressure to 16lbs but after an hour delay I think they were just too cold so I spun coming out.
Can't wait to go back for more practice. I know the car has more in it!:)

Not bad for that 60' like the other guy said. Get some DRs or just more seat time and you can probably drop a few more tenths off. MPH does seem a little low but it has been mighty hot and humit out (not sure where you live)

Sharksfan81

Established Member
Using MT ET streets 275/40/17. Riding the clutch out as well. Still have stock half axles :(

As the above said. Not bad on a first night out. Those are great tires IMO. I think a little seat time will do you good. Doing a good burn out? I use those ET streets for my street tire and love them. Only tires that hold my car on an 18 inch rim. Tire Pressure 16 is fine, but make sure you check it right after you do you burn out and make your pass. As soon as you come back around check the tire pressure. That is what it is actually at. If it is 16psi cold I am guessing you are at 18-19 by the time you are done with a pass. Keep working on the 60ft, I would guess about 1800rpm and then feather out the clutch as you said. What rpm did you shift at? Also do you have the weather from the day you were at the track?

96svtcobra1

Established Member
Went back tonight, got 6 runs in. All of them were 1.83-1.87 60 foot times. And every ET was 7.83-7.86. Car was incredibly consistent. I was running 2 run sets and then letting it cool for about a 1/2 hour or more between sets. Launched at 1,800-2,500 rpm slipping the clutch. I am getting a shift light cause trying to watch the tach is a pain. Tires were at 16 pounds. Temps were in the high 80s and pretty humid.
Any suggestions for improvement?

Users who are viewing this thread