Finally, the truck is on the road!!

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
Thanks again guys!! Have a beer on me!

more questions lol,

How many miles is a good break in? And how would you suggest doing it? highway or around town?

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
So you had to use a breaker bar to get plugs out of a brand new engine???

Nice LOL..........glad you got it running!

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Congrats on Finally getting the Fuel Issue fixed. I would say some were around 3-4k miles for a break in time frame. But DMP Built the Motor so I would get with them and see what they recommend.

buckleupkiddies

BOOSTON
Established Member
Thanks again guys!! Have a beer on me!

more questions lol,

How many miles is a good break in? And how would you suggest doing it? highway or around town?

You know my break in mileage.....drive it like you want it to perform. I had maybe 2 miles on my jlp block before I had the gas pedal all the way to the floor. Same with the truck you bought from me. It had barely 10 miles on it before I beat the crap out of it. That truck beat a lot of other lightnings that had more mods then it had. Pay for my plane ticket over there and I will show you how to break it in.

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
I would boston, but I'm stock plugs, and I dont wanna hurt anything with how much air this whipple pushes into the motor. and you guys have the luxury of a dyno over there.. I'm on mail order tunes...

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
Congrats on Finally getting the Fuel Issue fixed. I would say some were around 3-4k miles for a break in time frame. But DMP Built the Motor so I would get with them and see what they recommend.

500 miles probably is more than enough to break it in, when my truck is done and I waited 3,000-4,000 miles break in, it might take me over a year to break in the motor

Users who are viewing this thread