Finally, the truck is on the road!!

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
Just wanted to let my fellow SVTP brothers know, that after almost a year since blowing my stock block; and with all the troubles I've been having even after going built, the truck is finally back on the road.

I dont think the truck could have tested my pateince any more than it has really. As you may remember, even after building up everything, I had hella fuel problems, that had everyone here stumped. But then WMS hooked me up with the new fuel system that finally cured that issue..

Then had problems with starting the truck after the fuel system was installed. No matter what tune I had she just did NOT want to start. At that point I was ready to give up. I called JL since he has been posted with the progress on my truck since I met him in illinois in the summer and at Lfest.. He suggested that instead of changing the injectors like I had planned, just change the plugs. So started removing the plugs one by one. And I really could not believe how hard they were tourqued down into the head! DMP were the last to install the plugs and I think Hercules was hired that day to put them in. I needed, believe it or not, a BREAKER bar to get 7 out of 8 plugs out... yeah I was ready to kill myself. And on cylinder 8, the threads snapped off of the plug, and were stuck into the head.

At this point I was really ready to throw the truck into the arabian gulf. But my friend DXBLIGHTNINGBOY saved me, and found the special tool needed to get the threads out. but it wasn't for sure it would work, since they were torqued in so hard. Keep in mind that this is almost 5 months after buying the built engine, 3.4 and built trans. and STILL I don't have more than 60 miles on the whole thing because it was one problem after the next (most not even mentioned).

The threads finally came out, and I just put stock plugs in to get past break in for now, at least get to drive the truck again...

Now she has been up and running, and I have to say I'm back to being in love. The trans feels so solid and the VB feels amazing. Love the sound of the 3.4 when its at cruising speed when its whistling at everyone on the road. love the sound of the cams and how the truck has a slight shake to it. Gives it some real attitude. LOVE the fact that my fuel pressure is finally right, and set up to provide all the juice that 3.4 wants... Not such a fan of how much my gas milage sucks right now though lol.

All in all, I don't know if all the money involved and shipping, and time was worth it just yet. but it is damn near close. I think the first wide open throttle run would decide the rest... All I know, that doing what I did, with no parts available locally and literally everything needed to come out of the U.S wasn't easy.

But I knew that one way or another it was going to be difficult. I knew buying this truck out of Chicago, bringing it to a side of the world where no one knew what it was, not even the dealership, was a risky thing to do. But well worth it to put the Lightning's name up high when it is so far away from home is well worth it!!
:beer:

Dont know why I wanted to post all this, but I have to say that the community these trucks have is what makes them really special. And I wanna thank everyone for their continued support with everything. Couldn't have gotten the truck this far if hadn't been for you!!
:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

buckleupkiddies

BOOSTON
Established Member
Congrats Mr. Kman!!! I wanna see some videos of it beating up on some exotics! I am gonna go to starbucks right now to celebrate....mmmmmmm.........

FordFanStan

Established Member
Awesome to hear Khalid, I am super glad to hear it is running well and you are enjoying it. Can't wait to hear some stories of you beating up on exotics and anything else over there lol, AFTER break-in. And I know you'll be getting some video correct lol? FFS

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
Congrats. It been a while for me so I know how it feels. Get some TR6's in there and a nice solid tune. Keep us posted

Users who are viewing this thread