Finally sacked up...

Joey8

Established Member
And just wired over the money to JPC for the Armageddon twin turbo kit. I am very happy to say that after talking to eric @ JPC its finally happening. Eric is a great guy and answered all my e-mails and concerns and spent probably over 2+ hours on the phone with me during the week discussing ALL turbo options including the JPC kit. I really wanted twins just because of the look and the "rarity" of it. Here in NJ I see the vortech/paxton cars all the time at meets :rollseyes. Don't get me wrong they are all badass and fast but i wanted to do something a bit different that you don't see everyday. I was always debating between some sort of forced induction but was sure whether it was going to be a turbo or blower.

I decided to go turbo because of the growing potential and ease on the motor. The boost comes on smoother then say a TVS which will be easier on the engine. Also, when I do build the button end i can just press a button, up the boost and be on my way.

I figured if i was going to do it i was going to do it right and go with the top of the line kit. I heard the armageddon kit is second to none when it comes to twins. Garrett turbos, tial bovs/gates, kooks piping etc etc.

The kit should be arriving at JPC in about 2 weeks. I'll drop off my car shortly after and have everything buttoned up and tuned just in time for the American Muscle car show.

JPC said they will provide pictures and videos of the build and dyno tuning. I will only be running 6-7 pounds which will probably equate to about 600-620rwhp which is plenty being that im still on the stock bottom end and MT-82.

Always wanted to give a shout out to Dave at Armaggeddon turbo for also explaining why his kit is superior and again answering all my questions willingly without even knowing i was going to buy the kit.

This thread will be updated as the build goes on. Looking forward to getting into the boosted world. Soon i can start hunting some z06s :bowdown:

Joey8

Established Member
Awesome... Selling the arh and off road h?

yessir that will be for sale along with my jlt carbon fiber cai. Other misc stuff ill be trying to get rid of as well, engine cover, bobs carbon fiber finish oil separator (ill probably go breathers). Keep an eye out in the for sale section within the month.

Eric Iannone

Established Member
That's awesome man, i might just go this route myself as i see a lot of Hellion owners but very few of these kits out there. This is more than likely what with justify the price diff for me!

Looking forward to more pics!:burnout:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Sounds sweet! My car and your car should be @ JPC roughly the same time, I got one of those boring 2200s, lol. I keep a look out for your ride.

Joey8

Established Member
Thanks for the kind words guys. Can't wait for the build to be done.

Mr. Mach-ete I will look for your car there. When is it going under the knife?

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Thanks for the kind words guys. Can't wait for the build to be done.

Mr. Mach-ete I will look for your car there. When is it going under the knife?

Hopefully when I get back from Nags Head the 13th of July. I spoke with Tommy G. he told me Paxton is running 4 weeks out, this is their busy season.

I have a similar plan you do, get the Paxton installed, come back next year for a build. Justin must be happy knowing all these customers keep returning to spend their money his way!

Joey8

Established Member
Awesome, I want to see some pics.

There will be plenty of pics and videos to follow! Can't wait :banana:

NICE! Hope to see it soon
Me to man! The sooner the better haha

Hopefully when I get back from Nags Head the 13th of July. I spoke with Tommy G. he told me Paxton is running 4 weeks out, this is their busy season.

I have a similar plan you do, get the Paxton installed, come back next year for a build. Justin must be happy knowing all these customers keep returning to spend their money his way!

Perfect timing if everything gets sent out sooner rather then later my car should be there around the same time.

Seriously man, already have thought of turning up the boost and really making some powerrr :rockon:

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
I don't know how many C6 Z06's feelings you will hurt, unless you're talking about C5Z's.

But congrats anyways! +1 for not going with hellions kit too.

Joey8

Established Member
I don't know how many C6 Z06's feelings you will hurt, unless you're talking about C5Z's.

But congrats anyways! +1 for not going with hellions kit too.

Yeah i meant c5zs. What do you think the outcome will be with a stockish c6z with me at about 600rwhp give or take. Drivers race or will he have me on the top end?

GBCoyote

Established Member
505hp weighing in at 3200lbs...shouldn't be an absolute win, but you will likely come out on top. They run an 11.9-ish at 122mph in the quarter. Take that for what it's worth.

Joey8

Established Member
505hp weighing in at 3200lbs...shouldn't be an absolute win, but you will likely come out on top. They run an 11.9-ish at 122mph in the quarter. Take that for what it's worth.
Good point. I hope to be trapping at least high 120s low 130s which I don't think is out of question

Deerslayer

Established Member
Congrats! This is going to be a Beast. Are you going to wrap a lot of the exhaust?

slamdcoop0428

Established Member

They weigh less then 3200lbs, they are bottom 11 cars all day in stock form. 11.9 is a bad driver. My intake and exhaust only ls3 went 11.7. They also trap around 125-126 in stock form. But to the OP yes in stock form you should beat one. Once they are modded, you better turn up the boost lol. Shit my cam only ls3 has trapped 128 in the 1/4. Enjoy the twins! They are fun. I've owned one. Coyotes love boost!

Joey8

Established Member
Congrats! This is going to be a Beast. Are you going to wrap a lot of the exhaust?

I may. According to armaggedon heat wrap isn't needed with their design. I may just do it to be on the safe side to keep the heat contained so it doesn't ruin or melt any wires, connections, etc.

They weigh less then 3200lbs, they are bottom 11 cars all day in stock form. 11.9 is a bad driver. My intake and exhaust only ls3 went 11.7. They also trap around 125-126 in stock form. But to the OP yes in stock form you should beat one. Once they are modded, you better turn up the boost lol. Shit my cam only ls3 has trapped 128 in the 1/4. Enjoy the twins! They are fun. I've owned one. Coyotes love boost!

They are a beast no doubt about it. Not that i roll up on many but if i do it'll be nice to no i have the potential to give them a run for there money. Then again i can just hit a button and up the boost. No pulley swaps for me :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread