Finally picked up the 04 Mystichrome coupe.

95rcobra

After waiting 2 long weeks since my deposit I finally picked up the 04 Mystichrome Coupe saturday. the car is beautiful and pretty close to perfect as can be expected with these Cobras.

It is one of the QC driven Cobras but it seems like almost all of the Mystichrome Cobras were test driven from what I remember in old posts. No real problems seen from first look but I got a small nick on the lip of the rear fender. I know the paint code is B6 Purple Haze but does anyone have the part number that was in previous posts. I cannot find that post. any help is appreciated.

For the detailing crowd I did some side by side polishing on my hood with 2 products. Clearkote and P21S. Clayed the whole area first then put VMW and CMW on the right side of the hood and One Grand Omega Glaze then P21S Carnuba on the left side. Both of these products are excellent to use and the results are similar. I give the slight edge to the Clearkote products because of the ease of use and slightly better depth in the shine. the P21S is great stuff and easy to use also. so I would not worry about choosing either one for the Cobra. they both produce excellent results. no time for photos but hope to take some this weekend after doing the entire car.

It feels great to be back in a Terminator.

Later, 95rcobra.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1995 Cobra R model #185 (sold)
2003 Redfire Cobra coupe #4158(sold)
2004 Mystichrome Cobra coupe #?????

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
Congrats!

Looks like another Mystichrome in Northern NJ! PM me where you go to car shows/cruises and we'll try to get them together for a photo op !! haha

Rog

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congrats! Add another Mystichrome to the herd. Post a pic or two when you have them. So, when do the mods begin?

svtbrad

Established Member
My Mystichrome was QC as well. They put about 14.1 miles on it. When I went to DAP to see my being built I saw a lot of Mystichrome's being driven around the plant grounds.

It's cool getting that slip of paper of knowing how privileged I am that my car was randomly selected for a test drive which they probably did a lot of these...:burnout:

stvdman

Established Member
I have GOT to see one of these in person. Nice ride. I really want to check out those seats.

Did the Mystichrome pkg come with anything other than the paint and seat inserts. Things like what came in the 10th Ann packages? Except for the ugly door inserts...blahhhhhh.

Wilson & Co

Established Member
Originally posted by stvdman
Did the Mystichrome pkg come with anything other than the paint and seat inserts. Things like what came in the 10th Ann packages? Except for the ugly door inserts...blahhhhhh.

just steering wheel has inserts like the seats.

BTW- Mine had 14.1 mi as well from Ford... Must a be standard test run they take

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
Congrats thats awesome man. Hopefully i'll get to see that thing soon.

what are you doing with the 03 coupe?

nvm, im a dumbass:nonono:

Last edited:

95rcobra

Originally posted by Wilson & Co
just steering wheel has inserts like the seats.

BTW- Mine had 14.1 mi as well from Ford... Must a be standard test run they take

Thanks everyone,
Mine had 14 miles on it too when I took her for a test drive 2 weeks ago but the SC boost did not come on until about 17 miles. it had me worried there for a few minutes.

CobraBob,
I am hoping to take some shots this weekend after the paint is fully clayed and detailed. Mods will be coming soon. CAI and catback exhaust to start.

Later, 95rcobra.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

95rcobra

Originally posted by quadcammer
Congrats thats awesome man. Hopefully i'll get to see that thing soon.

what are you doing with the 03 coupe?

nvm, im a dumbass:nonono:

Hey Quad,
Thanks. I got rid of my 03 back in dec. and sold the 95R about 2 weeks ago. just dont have the time for looking over 2 cobras anymore plus my 3 daily drivers. working too many hours a week. I just want to concentrate on 1. missed the 03 after I sold it and had to have another. what better than a Mystichrome coupe with the SC motor. I hope to have it out at the first cruise/meet and if Wilson & Co brings his we will have 2 of them to show. see you soon.

Later, 95rcobra. (guess I will have to change that soon)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

95rcobra

Originally posted by 04-MystiChrome
Hey-

Your falling behind in mod's.
Better catch up quick-lol

04 Mystichrome,
Damn its going to take me a long time and lots of CASH to catch up to that mod list.---lol.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2004 Mystichrome Cobra coupe #????????

FKing1

Established Member
Congrats and welcome to the Mystichrome set. Have had mine nearly 3 months and still love it with no probs. Mods on order.
Fred K.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Congrats :beer:

These are awesome cars, I knew I had to have one when I first knew about them last summer, just figured I'd never make it work.

Enjoy:coolman:

95rcobra

Thanks to all you Mystichrome owners out there. It never entered my mind about owning a Mystichrome Cobra until I saw one in person last month. I had to have one. even the wife loves the color(s) and she basically hates cars. I am a color manager in a 4/C printing shop so I like this stuff and see these colors everyday.

Mystichrome,
Thanks for the part# for the G6 Purple Haze paint. ordered it today. has anyone used the Ford touch up paint. how close is it to the color. I know alot of times those touch bottles dont match the cars paint. no sweat though I have a Dupont auto paint dealer down the road and will try and see if he can mix me up a touch up bottle that might be closer.

How many of these Mystichrome Cobras that were driven for QC by Ford came with the salt stains on the Hood blanket. I read an old Post and some of you guys had the white stains. did you get the blanket replaced by Ford. it seems like these test cars were driven all the same day the way I am hearing about the stains. I had a fair amount of crap on the underside of my car but I started taking it off with P21S Total Wash and it looks great.

Glad to be back in an SC Cobra and hope to have some photos to post after this weekend. we are expecting 7 or more inches of snow here tomorrow and I just cant wait for 70 degree weather.

Later, 95rcobra

------------------------------------
2004 Mystichrome Cobra coupe #????

Wilson & Co

Established Member
95r-
mine had what I thought were salt stains and some of which turned out to be coming from the radiator cap.

all below and around the cap were covered in what looked like salt stains. I found out because after having like 600mi. I start the car in the driveway and let it warm up. about 10 min later there's a puddle on the ground. Followed it to the rad cap. The fluid was overfilled some from the factory

Rog

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
How many of these Mystichrome Cobras that were driven for QC by Ford came with the salt stains on the Hood blanket. I read an old Post and some of you guys had the white stains. did you get the blanket replaced by Ford. it seems like these test cars were driven all the same day the way I am hearing about the stains.

I'm not sure if mine was drivin by QC, I've never seen a additional sticker ot tag saying so. but my car had 20 miles on it & the dealer said nobody test drove it. I bought it off the showroom floor, no pre-order. Anyway, my car had some white stains/discoloration on the hood blanket. The 'vert they had also had it. Both cars were also missing 1 grommet for the blanket & also had the under door ding, something you might want to look for if you haven't already. I pointed out the stain, along with the other things before they even drove it off the showroom. They said the blanket should clean right up, that it was soap residue leaking through the hood vents. When I brought it home I took a wet rag to it, seemed to get most of it off. To be truthful I forgot about that, recent vacation put the cobra on the back burner. I'll have to check it out again because I told them if it didn't clean off I wanted a new blanket.

Sorry for the ramble.

DNeinstadt

Established Member
I had 38 miles on mine but the dealer drove it due to their 2 locations being 35 miles apart. I know, it sucks, but what can I do? I had to have it.

It has the door ding/no paint under the driver side and some crap under the hood blanket but you don't see any of that when I'm driving, so that's all I cared about.

My good buddy just bought one and another guy (EPIC on here) bought another one, only 8 in MN, I know of 3 of them!

ROCK ON MYSTICHROME!

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread