Finally, motor time!

BAD GT

Established Member
GT500 is 60, the Ford Racing one that most people go with is a twin 65. I am looking to go at least twin 75 or monoblade. If you get bored, unhook the evap purge solenoid line from the blower intake behind the tb and put a vacuum gauge on there, have somebody watch the gauge while driving and see if you have any vacuum at WOT. If you're under an inch of vacuum the TB you have should be fine. Let me know, I'm very interested.

I'm liking the 10:1 just fine, even in our thin air- probably could have stayed 11:1 no problem. I do like the peace of mind having that little extra wiggle room if I get some crappy gas. I was surprised to hear the car get a little bit louder with lower compression and the standard Boss exhaust cams.

So how does that 700hp feel on the street, I should be driving mine tomorrow I cant wait. Do you or did you have any part throttle drivability issues?

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Well in all honesty it feels like 550, thank you thin air. I can only imagine it at sea level. No part throttle issues at all.

alex12gt

Established Member

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Took it to the track tonight. I was hoping for solid 10's, it feels really strong. Keeping in mind of course this is at 8000DA. You guys with actual air suck, the whole lot of you. :whine: 11.14@126 was all I could muster. Looks like 126 would ideally be a 10.5ish pass so needing some driver mod.

I did get the 60 down to 1.61 with stock suspension, rear QA1 single adjustables and front swaybar removal. Still messing with tire pressure and launch rpm. She was powershifting just fine with the Barton 2 post and JHR line, so not sure where that several tenths is gonna come from. This is the best short time, the 1.61:

Bandimere 8-15-12 - YouTube

Too much wheelspeed, drop a psi?

Tree-sleeping next to a leaky Subaru..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcLApSN3078&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

Bud

Established Member
Car definitely looks better in the video with the adj shocks, doesn't look like there is any separation after the initial hit. Needs a TB test to see what it gains

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
This was my before and after TB test I believe. You can see that before I was flatlining up top just like he is now.....

dyno.jpg

Bud

Established Member
I told jon I would meet up with him at Robs one day and he can give my TB a test before he goes and dumps $700 on one....

That is cool man, not very often you get a try before you buy test on a $700 part. The results will be interesting for sure.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I've got a roll bar and everything needed for an 11.0 tech except for a clutch shield, which doesn't exist for an MT-82 as far as I know. I dodged the tech nazis and went up to one of the good guys to get around that one.

Trying to find best price on that TB right now, I swear they were 610 and in stock yesterday, now they're all 650 and out of stock.

It's probably real slow to all the sea level guys but at least I was the quickest S197 down there yesterday by a pretty large amount. I still think duece212's motor was sprinkled with pixie dust or some shit at the factory.. :D

edit, just got this on the way:

Last edited:

Bud

Established Member
I think the pixie dust was e85, 80lbs less weight, less rolling resistance with the skinny's, a few more mph from running drag radials instead of slicks, and the extra compression helping. Once the TB isn't a restriction on yours anymore hopefully the extra air moving through will make the lower compression shine.

Twin 65 from Tousley is the lowest I've found yet at $610: Tousley Ford Parts Depot

I'll keep digging a little. I think Lethal, summit, etc match or beat pricing as well so could call with that and see who is the lowest.

Bud

Established Member
So just went for a ride in this car and it made me sick to my stomach...I approve

Users who are viewing this thread