Finally installed the '03 Cobra seats!!!!!

Orion1123

SVT Poster
Established Member
How easy is it to replace the fronts? Do they just bolt in?
the fronts bolt right in. the only thing you have to do is make some jumper wires to get the drivers seat to work
Need some details...
How much higher do the front seats fit? Are they higher overally; or is the bottom section more 'raked' with the front part under your legs (up under the wheel) just higher?
What else did it take to get the fronts in there? Brackets? Did you hook up all the power adjustments?
Thanks!
i think overall they are and inch or two higher, i do notice it the most in the front part of the seat, though. i am 6ft tall and don't have a problem with any clearance issues
check out this previous thread for wiring diagram that i used:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...pholstry on the side do them. he charged $300

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
Looks awesome! Those anniversary seats match your car perfect!

I did the same swap including the rears.

Seats005.jpg

Seats009.jpg

nolimit89stang

Established Member
i also did this swap, and i did it in two different cars one was my 93 cobra. all i had to do was swap the covers from the 03's to the inner skelton of my stock 93 rear seats, and an inter shop swapped the covers on the lower part for $50. the front bolt right in with no problem. the other car was a fox convertable, i cut the very top of the stock 03 frame then screwed them in so that it still folds down so he can now get to the pumps easyier it was a little tight but they went in with little problem, and the same shop did the lower

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
That looks sexy. I did the swap with the dark/dark 04 seats in my last 93. I'm 6'3" and I didn't have any issues.

With my current 93 I'd like to do the 10th seats just like that.

And fwiw, the rear seats are all vinyl in all the 03/04's.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Thats a perfect match! Looks great! Really sets that car off! Thats the way I would go if I had one. :thumbsup::beer:

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
I just picked up a set of fronts so I'm waking this thread. How difficult is doing the jumper wires? I have no clue how to do this.

If you have ever connected two speaker wires you can do this. It is only power and ground you have to connect, you are basically just splicing the harness. You will see once you have it out, make sure you have someone to help you hold the seat while you make the connection.

phorty

Established Member
If you have ever connected two speaker wires you can do this. It is only power and ground you have to connect, you are basically just splicing the harness. You will see once you have it out, make sure you have someone to help you hold the seat while you make the connection.
Cool, I've definitely connected speaker wires. If anyone comes across a pic of exactly which wires send it my way. If I get to it before then, I'm sure I'll figure it out.

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
I like, I would love to do a set of 04 cobra seats with the dark charcoal inserts, just dont want to spend a fortune for a couple seats. Maybe bigben can let me borrow his to try out lol.

Users who are viewing this thread