Finally installed the '03 Cobra seats!!!!!

Orion1123

SVT Poster
Established Member
they had to add leather to both the seat backs and then replace the center piece of leather where the seat belts come through.

91GTmustang

Established Member
might be a dumb question but would the 03 rear seats fit into the car instead of adding leather to the seat backs and center piece.

Orion1123

SVT Poster
Established Member
i think the shape of the seat foam is too different, also the 2 seat backs from the 03 are too small, so leather has to be added there

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
man those look great! i'll have to look you up when the cars come out again. what part of cleveland are you in? im in lorain county

91GTmustang

Established Member
the seats look perfect in your car. im looking to do the same thing with my 91 gt but im planning on having the cobra removed from the two front seats since my car isnt a cobra. so for the back seats you just need the leather from the 03 cobras and then you had someone fabricate them so that they fit the your seats?

Orion1123

SVT Poster
Established Member
the seats look perfect in your car. im looking to do the same thing with my 91 gt but im planning on having the cobra removed from the two front seats since my car isnt a cobra. so for the back seats you just need the leather from the 03 cobras and then you had someone fabricate them so that they fit the your seats?

i took them to an upholstry shop and they added the extra leather to the rear seats to make them fit

man those look great! i'll have to look you up when the cars come out again. what part of cleveland are you in? im in lorain county

i live a little south of cleveland in summit co. where you at the summit show? i think i remember seeing your car there.. i like the license plate

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
i live a little south of cleveland in summit co. where you at the summit show? i think i remember seeing your car there.. i like the license plate

Yes, I as there. Did you have the seats in the car at the Summit show?

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
yep, i saw it, as a matter of fact i think i took a few pics too. looks great in there.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Need some details...

How much higher do the front seats fit? Are they higher overally; or is the bottom section more 'raked' with the front part under your legs (up under the wheel) just higher?

What else did it take to get the fronts in there? Brackets? Did you hook up all the power adjustments?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread