Finally Installed, Revan Racing 13-6 Kit

Eviltwins344

Creepy Lurker
Established Member
How difficult is the 10% pully swap anyways? Any special puller/installer needed or just a basic harmonic damper puller?

With the 10% you have to grind down the flange that holds in place the crank sensor. A little less than 3/8" needs to come off or 4.140" from the center of the crankshaft. I also flattened out the TDC mark a little. As depicted in one of the above pics. The puller needed is a three jaw puller that you can buy at a napa or similar store. I bought the 5 ton one first and found it to be too large. I went back and picked up the smaller 2 ton one. To reinstall you need a 12x1.50 metric bolt that is between 100mm and 110mm long. This is used to start the new balancer on the crank, after applying some anti-sieze and black silicone to the new pulley. The longer bolt will get it partially pressed in then the old stock bolt will set it home. The. U use the bolt provided in the kit and torque it to 90 ft/lbs. Slow and methodical is the key.

On edit: apply a little red loctite to the bolt before torquing. Van beat me by 1 minute on the reply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
So the 15% is more boost and the 10% is a little less ? I have thought about this, but I am running a 2.4 on Roxxy, though I have LT's I think I would need bigger injectors or start modding my fuel system if I went this route. Sounds like a blast though.....hmmmm

Eviltwins344

Creepy Lurker
Established Member
So the 15% is more boost and the 10% is a little less ? I have thought about this, but I am running a 2.4 on Roxxy, though I have LT's I think I would need bigger injectors or start modding my fuel system if I went this route. Sounds like a blast though.....hmmmm

I don't know that the injectors have reached their limits for bolt on mods yet. Perhaps a tuner or someone who has run the rails dry can chime in. I know people have been adding the boost-a-pump because the supply was questioned.

I do know a kid up here ran the smaller pulley up top and I BELIEVE the 10% on the bottom and launched a rod at about 160 mph. He disappeared from the car show before I really had the chance to interrogate him. It was my feeling that the tuner may have been outa his league.

Van@RevanRacing

I don't know that the injectors have reached their limits for bolt on mods yet. Perhaps a tuner or someone who has run the rails dry can chime in. I know people have been adding the boost-a-pump because the supply was questioned.

I do know a kid up here ran the smaller pulley up top and I BELIEVE the 10% on the bottom and launched a rod at about 160 mph. He disappeared from the car show before I really had the chance to interrogate him. It was my feeling that the tuner may have been outa his league.

Ninjak would need injectors and fuel system modifications as he's got a 2011 GT500 and not a 2013 GT500.

Ninjak you would need some 72 lb injectors at a minimum along with a Kenne Bell Dual BAP. Although you have headers that will not back the pressure off enough IMO and I would recommend a larger pulley on the TVS so you prevent over spinning the supercharger regardless of 10% OD or 15% OD.

For example, 2013 GT500 with 15% OD and OEM Upper 2.6/2.7 makes 18-19 PSI with long tubes. 2.4 and you're going to need race gas.

The 2013 GT500 has a different fuel system and different injectors and the car is fine as is with the 15% OD or 10% OD which is what I recommend 9 times out of 10.

Van

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
I think I should buy your 13-6, and we could install it at the mile and show real before and after results and how its so easy to install, we did it trackside....how cool would that be? Hmmm

Eviltwins344

Creepy Lurker
Established Member
You really don't realize how dumbed down the factory tuning is until you drive this car with this package. I understand that it doesn't need a lot to make it loose grip from the factor but once you drive the car with these mods........um it's just plain ludicrous. The power hits so hard and so nice with just a minor easing into the pedal.

If these cars came like this from the factory there would definitely more of them crashed by non-driving noobs who don't know what they're doing. I absolutely love what the car has become. The torque comes on so low in the RPM range that you can't help but smile.

I'm taking Devious's advise and looking for a pair of Nittos for a second set of wheels. I may just wait it out and have the second set widened.

Van, I'm still investigating what I e-mailed you about. I am really confident the measuring device was faulty/uncalibrated and I'm going to use another to see if the results are consistent. More to come.

Van@RevanRacing

You really don't realize how dumbed down the factory tuning is until you drive this car with this package. I understand that it doesn't need a lot to make it loose grip from the factor but once you drive the car with these mods........um it's just plain ludicrous. The power hits so hard and so nice with just a minor easing into the pedal.

If these cars came like this from the factory there would definitely more of them crashed by non-driving noobs who don't know what they're doing. I absolutely love what the car has become. The torque comes on so low in the RPM range that you can't help but smile.

I'm taking Devious's advise and looking for a pair of Nittos for a second set of wheels. I may just wait it out and have the second set widened.

Van, I'm still investigating what I e-mailed you about. I am really confident the measuring device was faulty/uncalibrated and I'm going to use another to see if the results are consistent. More to come.

Thanks for the detailed reply. Looking forward to our follow up email as well! :beer:

x_calibur_daryl

Established Member
Here goes, first post... matter of fact, my first Ford even in a LONG time. Dying to get her wound up and all I seem to hear about is the 13-6 kit. Scanned through dozens of pages on here and it's crazy how far you can push these things! Been to the site and the 13-6 pops up with TONS of options, just wanted to get strait what exactly comes with the basic package for the advertised price and what HP bump it gives me?

Van@RevanRacing

Here goes, first post... matter of fact, my first Ford even in a LONG time. Dying to get her wound up and all I seem to hear about is the 13-6 kit. Scanned through dozens of pages on here and it's crazy how far you can push these things! Been to the site and the 13-6 pops up with TONS of options, just wanted to get strait what exactly comes with the basic package for the advertised price and what HP bump it gives me?

Thanks for the post and good questions.

The 13-6 Kit includes

JLT Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake
Ford Racing Dual 65MM Throttle Body
SCT XCAL 3 Handheld Tuner with two tunes from Lund Racing
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs

We have seen these cars baseline dyno from the factory between 575 RWHP and 610 RWHP.

On average you can see anywhere from 75 to 100 RWHP increase with the base 13-6 kit. The variance is based on different engines, variations in fuel (octane) etc.

For example my 13 GT500 baselined at 600 RWHP and made 691 RWHP with the 13-6 kit. I've had other customers pick up even more power.

Feel free to call me if you have any questions. I look forward to working with you.

Many thanks,

Van
Revan Racing, Inc.
561-445-7702

Ky GT500

Established Member
One of the best things I've done to my car. Waited and asked a bunch of questions. So glad I did it, then put 10% on,, Holy Crap.

Van has always been straight with me on all my questions. Very happy with all the mods I've gotten from him. Stand up guy!!

Eviltwins344

Creepy Lurker
Established Member
One of the best things I've done to my car. Waited and asked a bunch of questions. So glad I did it, then put 10% on,, Holy Crap.

Van has always been straight with me on all my questions. Very happy with all the mods I've gotten from him. Stand up guy!!

Couldn't have said it better myself. Definitely do the 10% lower pulley.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Hey Van, is the 2.93 upper just as good as doing the 10% lower? As far as boost goes? Is there any advantage doing one over the other.

Van@RevanRacing

Hey Van, is the 2.93 upper just as good as doing the 10% lower? As far as boost goes? Is there any advantage doing one over the other.

You're in Arizona and your 91 octane fuel isn't the best. I'd do one or the other but definitely not both on 91 pump.

The 2.396 upper pulley adds about 1.5 to 2 psi. The 10% OD lower adds about 3 to 4 psi.

The lower tends to add more low end torque.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
You're in Arizona and your 91 octane fuel isn't the best. I'd do one or the other but definitely not both on 91 pump.

The 2.396 upper pulley adds about 1.5 to 2 psi. The 10% OD lower adds about 3 to 4 psi.

The lower tends to add more low end torque.

Ya I only want to do one, just want to at least make 700whp so I'm guessing the 13-6 package with a 2.93 upper and a off road h pipe will do the trick.

Van@RevanRacing

Ya I only want to do one, just want to at least make 700whp so I'm guessing the 13-6 package with a 2.93 upper and a off road h pipe will do the trick.

It is very possible to make that power level but every dyno reads differently, you have a higher DA' in Arizona and that fuel.....UGH.

With that said I have customers with the same set up that have made over 700 at the wheel on California 91 pump.

I just don't like promising a number when there are too many factors beyond our control.

Van

Users who are viewing this thread